Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of selling my beloved sc430

Localhero

I have had my sc 430 for 3 years now and I have only done 7k miles in it in that time nothing has gone wrong and everything works perfectly  it has just done 70000 miles and is a2005, I have genuinely spent £7K on it, including timing belt 2 sets of wheels and tyres, respray which it didn't need,coilovers discs and pads upgraded speaker's  stainless exhaust, porsche boot rack etc  if anyone is  interested I am looking  for around £10 k please contact me Stew

Thank  you Ken, I have mixed feelings about selling it, but can no longer afford to have potentially £10k sat on my drive looking pretty, prices are all over the place 2001s at £8/9k or £3k 2009s at £9k to £20k + i have done everything that should future proof it and a lot more besides, so I think my price is good value, hopefully so will someone else, thanks Stew

• Like 1

I don't use mine much either having only done 700 miles this year. However I am happy to drive it occasionally and I know if the money was in the bank for what it is worth would gain little interest anyway and their is no other car I would want except for an RCF or LC500.  Interesting that one of your pictures shows white wall tyres.  Did you have that done yourself?

• Like 1

Yes I did at Mr Whitewalls but would definitely not recommend, looks fabulous but I had new tyres and after a few weeks started going brown I bought some cleaner and paint but you cannot apply it like they do!! Great for a show but not practical unfortunately, https://www.theparking-cars.co.uk/used-cars/lexus-sc-sc-430.html if no body minds look at this link page 4 shows prices of sc430s in the Netherlands and Germany WTF

9 minutes ago, Localhero said:

Yes I did at Mr Whitewalls but would definitely not recommend, looks fabulous but I had new tyres and after a few weeks started going brown I bought some cleaner and paint but you cannot apply it like they do!! Great for a show but not practical unfortunately, https://www.theparking-cars.co.uk/used-cars/lexus-sc-sc-430.html if no body minds look at this link page 4 shows prices of sc430s in the Netherlands and Germany WTF

Thanks for the info. I always thought about a thin red line on the tyres. I believe years ago you buy them new like that but not anymore. I saw a TV program where Drew Pritchard had the tyres done by Mr Whitewalls on a car he was restoring. I guess then that doing it afterwards is not very successful.

6 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Thanks for the info. I always thought about a thin red line on the tyres. I believe years ago you buy them new like that but not anymore. I saw a TV program where Drew Pritchard had the tyres done by Mr Whitewalls on a car he was restoring. I guess then that doing it afterwards is not very successful.

Maybe a colour would be more durable than white, I have alloygators on mine  which I am not sure about the look but save your precious alloys

20221010_103604.jpg

• Like 2

The alloygators themselves  mark your wheels as they have tiny metal teeth in them that grip your rim so if you remove them you will have little scratches in your rim, if you still want them buy from alloygator themselves, best price and they have approved fitters however knowing your skills you would probably do a better job,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dudley,

Have also been scouting. I would be fairly confident in saying there is no 2006 + plate, also with low mileage, that is out there for that budget (although you'd need to define what low mileage is for an engine that can clearly circle the clock at least a couple of times). I have seen some in the obvious place ,but you would need to add a few thousand.

On 9/3/2023 at 1:13 PM, Dudley Hunt said:

Looking for a low mileage, well cared for SC 430, post 2005, 7-10K to spend. Anything out there ?

Dudley Hunt, Bournemouth.

Don't forget - after March 2006 you pay almost "double" Road Tax!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/3/2023 at 1:13 PM, Dudley Hunt said:

Looking for a low mileage, well cared for SC 430, post 2005, 7-10K to spend. Anything out there ?

Dudley Hunt, Bournemouth.

£10k might be enough for a decent 2006 with around 100k miles. If it has been maintained correctly, mileage isn't really an issue with an SC430. Some low mileage cars that rarely get used can gather dust, surface rust, suffer from component seize up and lose charge. Mine has been thoroughly abused, has around 160k miles and it doesn't miss a beat. 

On 8/14/2023 at 10:45 AM, Localhero said:

Thank  you Ken, I have mixed feelings about selling it, but can no longer afford to have potentially £10k sat on my drive looking pretty, prices are all over the place 2001s at £8/9k or £3k 2009s at £9k to £20k + i have done everything that should future proof it and a lot more besides, so I think my price is good value, hopefully so will someone else, thanks Stew

Whats the service history on the car please Stewart ?

Thanks 

24 minutes ago, Localhero said:

Sorry  the car is now sold and has a very proud new owner, I have not stopped crying yet😪

On the otherhand I have not stopped smiling, thanks Stew.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Localhero said:

I sat looking at it last night  and saying Why oh Why 😕 

20230905_195606.jpg

20230905_195540.jpg

20230905_195531.jpg

20230905_195508.jpg

Think of the joy you are spreading. but if that doesn't help try a few pints.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links