Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Owners Manual or Service book with new NX ?

On 8/25/2023 at 2:47 PM, Chris to her said:

I was told that Toyota no longer supply new car owners with either a printed User Manual or a printed Service Record. 

My NX450 that I got at the end of June 23 came with both a manual and a service record. So I think the dealer is right. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got no service book (I never had one with the UX to be fair) or a manual. I was basically given my one and only key with a second 'key blade'.

I don’t really have much of a clue what half the features are on it and I’m not going to sit with my bulky laptop in the car searching through a PDF from the Lexus website. 

Incredibly disappointing from my own perspective.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

I don’t really have much of a clue what half the features are on it and I’m not going to sit with my bulky laptop in the car searching through a PDF from the Lexus website

Having the Manual on a laptop can be very useful, but I agree that having the printed version to hand is more convenient for most users.

Modern cars are so complex that there are many features that you have paid for, that you will remain unaware of without the opportunity to search through its pages.  Even the Sales Reps can struggle.

I would also find the absence of a Service Record unacceptable.  It may well be the case that the Service Record is now automatically recorded when the receipt is issued.  But that will only apply to Lexus dealers connected to the central records system.

There may come a time when you choose to go the Independent route.  Frankly, all Lexus is saving is the printing cost, which may be substantial on a global, multi-lingual basis but only a small component of the purchase price of a new NX350h.

Have you considered contacting a Sales Director at Lexus UK and expressing your extreme dissatisfaction?

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 8:13 PM, LenT said:

Having the Manual on a laptop can be very useful, but I agree that having the printed version to hand is more convenient for most users.

Modern cars are so complex that there are many features that you have paid for, that you will remain unaware of without the opportunity to search through its pages.  Even the Sales Reps can struggle.

I would also find the absence of a Service Record unacceptable.  It may well be the case that the Service Record is now automatically recorded when the receipt is issued.  But that will only apply to Lexus dealers connected to the central records system.

There may come a time when you choose to go the Independent route.  Frankly, all Lexus is saving is the printing cost, which may be substantial on a global, multi-lingual basis but only a small component of the purchase price of a new NX350h.

Have you considered contacting a Sales Director at Lexus UK and expressing your extreme dissatisfaction?

I never got a service book with the UX I had - so when it went in for service, I also asked for a printed copy for my own records, which I kept on file. Not ideal, but it worked.

At the moment I'm just trying to figure things out for myself. I did briefly look at the PDF from the Lexus website to see if there was a list of "Hey, Lexus" voice commands but I grew so frustrated after finding nothing after about 15 minutes that I closed it down and never went back to it. 

I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have an e-mail address for the Sales Director by any chance? I’ve given up with the Customer Services one after my third e-mail. Being one of the ‘non-priority customers/orders’, all they done during my order process was bounce me straight back to the non-helpful, unresponsive dealer - hence my e-mail to Customer Services in the first place. The last time I done so, it ended up with me receiving a rather bolshie phone call from the salesperson (which I'll now reveal as to one of the 'more going on behind the scenes' problems I had during my wait, which I didn't announce in the '2023 Delivery Date' thread).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gary H said:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have an e-mail address for the Sales Director by any chance?

Well, I don't know what the LOC attitude to publishing contact details is, Gary, but it is  interesting how reticent the Directors of Lexus are about enabling their customers to contact them.  You know, the people who pay their wages!

I don't know who you've contacted so far, but I've found some links that might be useful and that you could follow up.  If you feel you have a real cause for complaint, and you've been rebuffed by the Dealer and Customer Service, then I would contact a relevant Director.  In particular I would suggest Chris Hayes who was appointed overall Director of Lexus UK last year, and Mark Benton, Customer Relationship Marketing Manager.  There are a couple of possible office locations and the telephone numbers are in the links.  Ring them and check if that's the right location for these individuals..

My advice is to forget emails!  Write a polite but detailed letter, marked Private & Personal, to each Director noting that you've copied the other Director, and send it Recorded Delivery.  That way, someone at Lexus accepts responsibility for its receipt and will ensure that it gets to the Director's office.  Customer enquiries that come down from the top of the company are always treated with more urgency than those that have to battle their way up!

Of course, someone else may have better suggestions, but from my experience of dealing with large corporates this is an effective route to getting attention to your cause.

Some Contact Details:

Chris Hayes contact details

https://rocketreach.co/chris-hayes-email_2527407

Lexus UK Managerment

https://rocketreach.co/lexus-uk-management_b5eb44b0f42e8483

Lexus Corporate Office Guide

https://corporate-office.co.uk/lexus-head-office-uk/

LEXUS (GB) Details

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/accredited-business/lexus-gb-plc

Lexus Coporate Biographies

https://media.lexus.co.uk/corporate-team/

As a last resort, many people have had success in spurring Companies into action by using a free service called Resolver

Resolver

https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/services/6392/issues?territory_id=1

Hope this all helps!  

• Thanks 2

On 8/24/2023 at 2:39 AM, LenT said:

Why not Chris?  Whose boat is it that you think you’re going to rock?

What it comes down to is that you’ve purchased a new Lexus.  However you got it, Lexus didn’t sell it at a loss!

If items such as a ‘proper’ Manual are no longer being supplied, then that’s only going to change if boats are vigorously rocked.

Yes, you can download digital versions - and they can be very useful.   But mine came with two Manuals totalling over 1100 pages and they have proved to be invaluable.  

In any case, Chris, not even having a Service Record may well turn out to be an even more serious problem.  With no apparent way to officially record the service and maintenance schedule, that could cost you thousands in the future.

Unless there’s a real company explanation, I’d be inclined to get back to Lexus for an explanation.  How hard is it to chuck  hardcopies in to the glove box at the end of the assembly line?

Your Absolutely Right Len..Paying that sort of money for a lexus They should supply hard copies of the manual and a service record book.. Thats awful not being given these.. Follow it up don't matter whose boat you rock...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 9:41 PM, HMT said:

Picked my NX in June this year.  Told that owners manual and multimedia manual were not available in hard copy - only online for the MY24 version

Also told service book were being phased out - no longer in print and only given out if asked for by the new owner and the dealer had any left 

After reading various account on what documents and manuals are / should be supplied I contacted Lexus CS last week. Very quick reply saying that the “Warranty & Care” booklet together with the “NX450h+ USER GUIDE” should have been with the car on delivery ( they art part of the PID)

The Owners Manual has to be ordered (by the dealership) and is printed to order.

Today I have received from my dealership the Warranty & Care and the User Guide - in a nice leather pouch, with a covering letter saying the owners manual is now on order.

• Like 7

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links