Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

provider not available message

I have a message appearing on start up on my RX450h:

provider not available.

This seems to be associated with the speed camera data base as the cameras no longer appear.

Who is the provider and what is to be done about it?

11 minutes ago, AlanETM said:

provider not available.

This seems to be associated with the speed camera data base as the cameras no longer appear.

Alan,

I noticed this morning that the speed camera icon (that you can click to add a camera to the database) was no longer present. Glad I'm not the only one.

I suspect this may have something to do with the roll out and associated back end changes for the new Lexus Link plus phone app, but it could be a coincidence.

I was going to leave it a other 24h before writing again to customer relations.

Did you by any chance do an over the air map update recently?

Paul

I have recently started getting the same 'Provider Not Available' message on my Lexus UX screen on start-up. I contacted my local dealer but they say it's the first they have heard of this problem and cannot explain what the message refers to. I will be interested to hear from anyone who has managed to find an answer.

In answer to Paul's question, I haven't done a map date recently.

Malcolm

I suspect it might be linked to an inbuilt data link which Lexus has stopped supporting.

My TomTom GO has a built in SIM card which provides free access to TomTom data services (speed cameras, live traffic, petrol prices etc) but the new ones do this via Bluetooth link to your own phone so that they use your data link at no cost to TT.

No doubt Lexus is now doing the same.

I have now also had the provider not available message. I strongly suspect that some back end changes have been made which have somehow clobbered the cloud-side speed camera interface for MM19 systems. 

Paul

19 hours ago, AlanETM said:

provider not available.

Alan, I have reported this issue to customer relations and they are looking into it.

Paul

A few days after the message appeared for a couple of times I had a new message that said my login password or user name was wrong. This happened a couple of times but now I get nothing at all.
I suspect that Lexus have done something and are not telling their customer base. Not a good sign nor good for their reputation..
It will be ineteresting if Paul gets a response to his report.

16 hours ago, AlanETM said:

A few days after the message appeared for a couple of times I had a new message that said my login password or user name was wrong. This happened a couple of times but now I get nothing at all.
I suspect that Lexus have done something and are not telling their customer base. Not a good sign nor good for their reputation..
It will be ineteresting if Paul gets a response to his report.

Hi Alan,

Internet/data related services (including speed camera average speed checks) seem to be working ok for me this morning in the car. How about for you?

Paul

I got a similar message onscreen in my NX450h on Saturday but nothing has reappeared since. 

Also got a message saying that a software update hasn't been able to be completed? Checked and there are no current software updates!

All very confusing!

23 minutes ago, katabrontes said:

Could it all be a hack?

I think they have been reorganising some of the back end services related to the rollout of the new app.  Seems to be getting there now.

Paul

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 11:55 AM, PDM said:

Hi Alan,

Internet/data related services (including speed camera average speed checks) seem to be working ok for me this morning in the car. How about for you?

Paul

I still have the problem. I wasa advised to use the mobile phone app to change password etc. but that doesnt seem to be able to solve it either. See my latest post on the use of Lexus Link and lexus Link+

The lack of seed camera data and the messages about not being able to log in all seem to be related to Lexus now chraging for the service.

I have just used the lexus Link app on the mobile phone to update my password (use forgot password feature) and I did it on my PC not the phone. Then that registered the car OK and allowed me to go to the e-store and there you can see you now have to pay for map updates and speed camers data. The speed camera data is avail;able for a free trial of one month and then £37/year.
Now have to test in the car to see if it all works.

Can't say I am happy with Lexus making this change to its customers without notification. My Lexus dealer knew nothing about it. I will think twice before getting another one and my current one is the fifth I have had.over the years.

The message "Provider not available" on your Lexus RX450h's startup screen is likely related to the navigation system and its ability to access data from a specific provider for features like the speed camera database. The provider in this case would be the company or service that supplies the speed camera data to your car's navigation system.

13 minutes ago, AlanETM said:

The lack of seed camera data and the messages about not being able to log in all seem to be related to Lexus now chraging for the service.

I have just used the lexus Link app on the mobile phone to update my password (use forgot password feature) and I did it on my PC not the phone. Then that registered the car OK and allowed me to go to the e-store and there you can see you now have to pay for map updates and speed camers data. The speed camera data is avail;able for a free trial of one month and then £37/year.
Now have to test in the car to see if it all works.

Can't say I am happy with Lexus making this change to its customers without notification. My Lexus dealer knew nothing about it. I will think twice before getting another one and my current one is the fifth I have had.over the years.

Alan,

This has not happened to me.... Are you talking about the Coyote speed camera service?  I am still using the basic Lexus one that (for me at least) is included.

Paul 

Paul, I have no idea what the original service was which no longer works.

I have just spoken with lexus as having updated password etc as indicated in my post above I still got the message that password was not correct but for a brief second the speed data was there and then removed. It appears that the new lexus Link + app is used but my car cannot register as although it is a 2022 reg car the model is actually 2020 and the new app has a problem with the older models. So now my problem has been registered with the Lexus multimedia team for a resolution.... watch this space.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links