Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2023 ES300h multimedia set up

Alistair S

I took delivery of a new 2023 ES300h F-Sport Takumi pack this week. Its great, and I've pretty much figured out how everything works - including adding Android Auto. But there are two things I cant figure out - but maybe they aren't possible.

1. Must the phone be plugged in via USB for Android Auto features to work? The car states that the phone is there for Android Auto on Bluetooth connectivity, but it wont then show on the car screen. I do understand that it will work wirelessly with an Iphone for apple car play, but I've only just had a new Android phone.

2. if that isn't possible, is it possible to install Apps direct to the multimedia set up. I cant see any way of adding apps, but the interface does show an option for Apps when listing connectible devices.

3. I do have an iPad. Could this be connected for apple Car play, but the Android phone stay connected for calls?

Thank you.........

I can only speak for a 20MY model but I've not been able to get my work Iphone working alongside my personal Android phone. It may be possible but I've not really thrown too much time at it to be honest because I like being left in peace whilst driving! I'll be interested to hear how you get on though. 

37 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I can only speak for a 20MY model but I've not been able to get my work iPhone working alongside my personal Android phone. It may be possible but I've not really thrown too much time at it to be honest because I like being left in peace whilst driving! I'll be interested to hear how you get on though. 

Not possible to have two phones connected even on a new model. I tried with my own Iphone and work android, but it’s one or the other 

• Thanks 1

I also have a new ES Takumi and am similarly getting my head around the multimedia system. On mine I have to accept the terms of use of the multimedia system frequently when I start the car. It doesn’t come up every time strangely and despite having accepted it many times it it still keeps appearing. Annoyingly it can be a while appearing and can’t be accepted on the move. One can only accept it by pulling over, stopping and putting the car into “park” so it’s a bit of a pain. Any solutions out there?

On 9/8/2023 at 5:23 PM, Baggers said:

I also have a new ES Takumi and am similarly getting my head around the multimedia system. On mine I have to accept the terms of use of the multimedia system frequently when I start the car. It doesn’t come up every time strangely and despite having accepted it many times it it still keeps appearing. Annoyingly it can be a while appearing and can’t be accepted on the move. One can only accept it by pulling over, stopping and putting the car into “park” so it’s a bit of a pain. Any solutions out there?

Happens with the newish UX I have as well so interested in any feedback.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links