Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question about 'other' cars!?

Redefined

I've bought a car for my wife. She passed recently and she hates it, but it's a lovely car! A 21 year old Honda Civic 1.4L auto with 1 or 2 owners before me with the last owner being about 25 years in owndership. Him and his wife looked after it exceedingly well.

Obviously being a Honda, it's full of rust and being so old there's various things that need doing. My question is, is there a place on Lexus Owners where we can start a non-Lexus car project thread. I usually like to sell my cars in a conditonbetter than how I bought em and docimenting the journey... well, it's nice.

Thoughts or directions!? If so, where should I start such a topic)..

20230913_104019.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Redefined said:

She passed recently

I hope you mean passed her driving test. The civics are good cars, I had one of these a long time ago and it was very reliable. A timing belt will be a nice job for you unless it's been changed at some point already. 

Good luck with your project. 

Where to start  - ie. is there a section of the forum where we can discuss 'off-Lexus' topics or is it frowned upon. Don't want to be shown the door 😊 but equally don't want to join Piston Heads just for this occassion...

One might think that joining the Honda forum is a reasonable thing to do, but it used to be rather political the last Honda (won't say which to try keeping anon) forum I frequented. The owner seemed to want to control various aspects of the users lives!

Thanks @HPS13 . Yes, that's right, passed her driving test, a day I rather worried about. But, the manay many lessons she's taken over the years means she's rather good at it.

Just isn't in agreement at the car I ended up buying (technically hers but she prefers it not be called that, to give an excuse to splash out!). But if it hadn't been this we may have ended up with a Daihatsu Charade which I had a hard time explaining 'why she shouldn't'. Sometimes it's good to allow people to learn their own life/car mistakes but I couldn't bring myself to do it! 😆

Sorry about the grammar/spelling mistakes above, for some reason the forum won't allow eidting of previous posts. Maybe that's a paid privelege!?

29 minutes ago, Redefined said:

Where to start  - ie. is there a section of the forum where we can discuss 'off-Lexus' topics or is it frowned upon. Don't want to be shown the door 😊 but equally don't want to join Piston Heads just for this occassion...

One might think that joining the Honda forum is a reasonable thing to do, but it used to be rather political the last Honda (won't say which to try keeping anon) forum I frequented. The owner seemed to want to control various aspects of the users lives!

I joined a Honda Forum back in 2016 ? on buying my Honda Legend ……. sadly of very little use nor help for me having been used to the brilliance of this Lexus Forum ……  

thinking our Lexus forum is exceptional tbh

Malc 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Redefined said:

Sorry about the grammar/spelling mistakes above, for some reason the forum won't allow eidting of previous posts. Maybe that's a paid privelege!?

No, it’s time limited.

If you tap the three dots in the top right corner of your post, it will reveal an edit function.

Only thing is…it has to be done within a few minutes of posting.  Just how many, I don’t know!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links