Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nx450h+ Android auto?

Hi all

Just got my nx450h+ 73 reg, I've read a couple of post on here but just wanted to get clarification.

Is AA available, wired or wireless? I remember I paid for an upgrade on my previous nx300h once AA/Car play was approved by Lexus, so I assumed it would still be available on this new car.

I've tried wireless and I've plugged two android phones in and don't get any communication from my phone regarding Android auto.

Thanks

I know that the preferred service has to be selected in the setup before plugging in the phone. I find it best to set-up the phone connection first, then try the plug-in Android Auto. A good quality wire is essential.

A wireless dongle will ease your future connections. Mine works flawlessly and connects within a few seconds of starting the ignition.

• Like 1

I must admit I don't find the absence of wireless Android Auto much of an issue. I always keep a short USB cable plugged in plus it keeps my mobile charged up during longer journeys.

• Like 1

For more info

In case of interest I just installed an AA wireless adaptor - seems to work well. The adaptor is small enough to fit in the slot above the USB ports and connects in about 10-15 seconds. (I already had the short cable with right angled connectors, from amazon, to make it neater when plugging the phone in)

I had read that they are difficult to get hold of but ordered it Last Tuesday night and it was delivered yesterday. Cost was $89 + $35 for UPS express shipping. Although a US company they ship from Hong Kong for European orders.  https://shop.aawireless.io/

Only issue when first tried it was an error message saying the car clock didn't match the Android device clock (phone is a Samsung A52). You have to have to download the AAwireless app and enable by-pass mode. Apparently this means some app features don't work but nothing that affects the basic operation of connecting to the car and using AA as if it was plugged in.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/134814-wireless-android-auto/?do=findComment&comment=1251573

• Like 1

I received my aawiteless dongle but I'm having issues getting it to connect once I return back to the car.

I have to go into Android auto app settings and clear cache and data for it to connect otherwise it stays blinking green with my phone searching for Android auto connection.

Anyone else come across the same issue? I have an s21 ultra

3 minutes ago, Andyh450h said:

I received my aawiteless dongle but I'm having issues getting it to connect once I return back to the car.

I have to go into Android auto app settings and clear cache and data for it to connect otherwise it stays blinking green with my phone searching for Android auto connection.

Anyone else come across the same issue? I have an s21 ultra

I experienced exactly the same with an AA dongle with a S21. I got it to connect and all looked fine until attempts to reconnect. I messed about with numerous settings in the app (the amount of configurable settings in the app did make me wonder if this product is more complicated than it needs to be) and managed a short spell of continued reliability but the connection issues returned. It's now back in its box in a drawer.

Fact is, should not have to be resorting to a dongle with a car of this cost and supposed market segment.  Come on Lexus, sort out what you have been promising....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Charles,

Can you add the dongle link again, the one you posted looks at your purchase history,

For others I have a Samsung S22 Ultra with same problems, will connect once then not connect again.  It was working reliably in my older RX for 2 years 

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links