Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2nd Key Fob

1 hour ago, Timbobobcat said:

And if it's like the one for the NX, the Index at the back is completely useless!

The index does seem quite useless. Not sure why. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Xez said:

You’re welcome. Having worked in a fleet management business I quickly became made aware of the RTFM acronym. 😀 Then again my RX manual weighs in at a hefty 800 pages, so it always takes a while to find things….

Actually I do know why. The logic is a little off and, as a linguist, the near perfect English is faultless, but comes from another way of thinking. I prefer to use the pdf and search for things I need  that works best for me. But yes, RTFM! 🤣

I thought I'd share my experiences having picked up my NX450h+ a couple of days ago. I'm the second owner, the first being a different Lexus dealership who pre-registered the car in late September 2023, so 4 months ago. 35 miles on the clock when I collected it.

No second key fob, just the manual key. Their description of when I'd get the 2nd key fob was completely in line with the latest news on this forum. I was also told the "priority order" is based on chassis number, so mine should be coming soon despite only just buying the car. I was also told they will use my address for the letter as the registered owner of the car.

I asked about locking wheel nuts/bolts. They hadn't thought of this, but having checked there were none in the car, he said they had been sent a few sets, so it was also supplied and fitted while I was doing all the paperwork. Impressive.

The car came with a paper copy of the manual.

My fuel flap is sticky. As a result they've ordered a new one and it will be fitted for me in a week or so while I wait

So - all in all a good experience so far, and I really like the car.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Timbobobcat said:

I thought I'd share my experiences having picked up my NX450h+ a couple of days ago. I'm the second owner, the first being a different Lexus dealership who pre-registered the car in late September 2023, so 4 months ago. 35 miles on the clock when I collected it.

No second key fob, just the manual key. Their description of when I'd get the 2nd key fob was completely in line with the latest news on this forum. I was also told the "priority order" is based on chassis number, so mine should be coming soon despite only just buying the car. I was also told they will use my address for the letter as the registered owner of the car.

I asked about locking wheel nuts/bolts. They hadn't thought if this, but having checked there were none in the car, he said they had been sent a few sets, so it was also supplied and fitted while I was doing all the paperwork Impressive.

The car came with a paper copy of the manual.

My fuel flap is sticky. As a result they've ordered a new one and it will be fitted for me in a week or so while I wait

So - all in all a good experience so far, and I really like the car.

Great report. Thanks! You appear to have had a great deal and an informed approach to your purchase. Wonderful for managing expectations. This forum is amazing. 
Congratulations and enjoy this great car!

• Like 3

I received the key fob is ready letter two weeks ago and visited the dealer to get my second key fob on Wednesday 31 January. As has been said, whatever process they go through to programme the new fob takes about an hour. I also made the dealer aware of a wiper issue and sticky fuel filler cap, which they both addressed (I had no idea the cap popped right out - it was stuck when I went to refill the vehicle for the first time after having driven 1,000 miles!).

Not tried the second key as I had to find the ‘blade’ that I had forgotten I had been given, and was worried about the tech breaking again as all is working well right now. Car was washed and vacuumed by Lexus and looks like new again. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, folks. I've finally received my letter confirming my second key is now ready to be programmed. So - my own wait for the second key is just short of five and a half months (collected the car 1st September 2023). There's no news on the locking wheel bolts. 

I'm just trying to arrange to get the car to them and back to me (I don't really want to return to the dealer to be honest after my experiences), so hopefully I should have my spare key shortly... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Gary H said:

Good news, folks. I've finally received my letter confirming my second key is now ready to be programmed. So - my own wait for the second key is just short of five and a half months (collected the car 1st September 2023). There's no news on the locking wheel bolts. 

I'm just trying to arrange to get the car to them and back to me (I don't really want to return to the dealer to be honest after my experiences), so hopefully I should have my spare key shortly... 

I know the feeling - congratulations!

• Like 3

Just been into my dealer and had the locking wheel bolts fitted and asked about the 2nd key fob, the lady checked on the computer and said that they can now order the key, booked in for 3 weeks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Is there a way of turning off the warning when getting in the car saying that there has been a second key linked to your car, contact the dealer. 

10 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

Is there a way of turning off the warning when getting in the car saying that there has been a second key linked to your car, contact the dealer. 

It goes off automatically after a few days. 

• Thanks 1

Or press and hold the lowest button on left hand steering wheel controls. It cancels the current warning message. The icon is indicated in the lowest part of the warning message. The same button cancels messages like 'low screen fluid' etc.

On 2/12/2024 at 10:54 AM, Gary H said:

can’t they post the key to you? 

18 minutes ago, Rodd said:

can’t they post the key to you? 

No it has to be cloned at the dealers

1 minute ago, Hayzee said:

No it has to be cloned at the dealers

Thanks, for jeees sake I have to drive another 50 miles to dealer? Maybe I can ask them to post it to me so I can do it at a dealer near me and not where I bought the car. 

8 hours ago, Rodd said:

Thanks, for jeees sake I have to drive another 50 miles to dealer? Maybe I can ask them to post it to me so I can do it at a dealer near me and not where I bought the car. 

You do not have to go to the dealer you bought the car from.  You can get it done at any Lexus dealer / service . So If there is a dealer nearer to you just contact them, they can then get the key and clone it for you.  That’s what I did & saved a 100 mile round trip

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HMT said:

You do not have to go to the dealer you bought the car from.  You can get it done at any Lexus dealer / service . So If there is a dealer nearer to you just contact them, they can then get the key and clone it for you.  That’s what I did & saved a 100 mile round trip

Thanks, that’s great. 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 2nd key thursday (Couldn´t work out why it looked "wrong" at first then it hit me; Lacking the "mechanical emergency key", looked in my "new-car-kit" and found out I got the "key" but not the fob at delivery..)

Anyhow asked the Lexus-dealer in Malmö to set up the two keys as "His and Hers" with two different profiles, after lots of talk with the workshop and sales boss the message was clear "not possible, Lexus link only allows one driver and a guest"

Not acceptable since this "His and Hers" key-setup been around for ages so a bit of Googling ( here and elsewhere) I now have "His and Hers" keys linked with two different named profiles ( and guest-profile), shall I mail the Lexus dealer in Malmö just to be a smart-***** about this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Swedish Guy said:

Got my 2nd key thursday (Couldn´t work out why it looked "wrong" at first then it hit me; Lacking the "mechanical emergency key", looked in my "new-car-kit" and found out I got the "key" but not the fob at delivery..)

Anyhow asked the Lexus-dealer in Malmö to set up the two keys as "His and Hers" with two different profiles, after lots of talk with the workshop and sales boss the message was clear "not possible, Lexus link only allows one driver and a guest"

Not acceptable since this "His and Hers" key-setup been around for ages so a bit of Googling ( here and elsewhere) I now have "His and Hers" keys linked with two different named profiles ( and guest-profile), shall I mail the Lexus dealer in Malmö just to be a smart-***** about this?

Admire your persistence. And it paid off - but it’s so tiresome. I did the same concerning key fob window opening and got there in the end!

1 hour ago, The Swedish Guy said:

To be honest: 15 mins of googling and 15 mins to solve it in my parking lot.... (No credit what so ever to Lexus, Malmö)

My point exactly. Kudos!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links