Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealerships that offer Discounts for people in the military?

Flairbear

I thought you had to be posted abroad for a certain time to get the tax discounts?

A chap I knew, taught serving military children in Germany. He bought a Volvo very cheaply and sold it at roughly the same price as he paid.

• Like 1

Motorfinity offer discounts for Defence Discount and Blue Light card holders, their sales blurb states:

Motorfinity offers new car discounts for eligible customers directly from leading car brands and suppliers. Discounts of up to 32% are available for serving and ex-serving armed forces personnel and veterans. 

Their list includes Lexus [Link]

Forces Cars Direct are another [Link]

• Like 1

I did most of my 2 year National Service in Malaya as it was then and as it was active service got  General Service Medal (like all my fellow NS and Regular Soldiers in the campaign).  Do you think that makes me a veteran and qualifies for a discount?  Worth a try at some point perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Barry14UK said:

I did most of my 2 year National Service in Malaya as it was then and as it was active service got  General Service Medal (like all my fellow NS and Regular Soldiers in the campaign).  Do you think that makes me a veteran and qualifies for a discount?  Worth a try at some point perhaps. 

So you got a free sun tan and you still want a cheap car...some people are just never satisfied! 😉

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 12:37 PM, Barry14UK said:

Hey Barry Yes you would qualify as a veteran by that standard, at least with Forces Cars Direct anyway, maybe mention what you have been came across on here and ask them , my uncle was in a similar situation and they sorted him out anyway 

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up Jamie.  I have noted details and will try when time comes to part with my RX450h which will be hard to part with.

As to the quip by Stephen about the free sun tan, you can have too much of a good thing!  It LED to skin cancer in my case and skin having to be removed in two operations, so not so funny.

3 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

Thanks for the heads up Jamie.  I have noted details and will try when time comes to part with my RX450h which will be hard to part with.

As to the quip by Stephen about the free sun tan, you can have too much of a good thing!  It led to skin cancer in my case and skin having to be removed in two operations, so not so funny.

Apologies Barry.

• 1 month later...

Hey FlairBear, did you ever go with any of these suggestions in the end for Military Discounts. I know a few on this thread have recommended Forces Cars direct,  I can see they currently have a great deal on few Lexus Es at the minute https://www.forcescarsdirect.com/new-cars/lexus/es But I'm wondering what were they like to deal with. Dumboo or Sixty have you used them personally?

Hey Seekerr , Just bought my first car from Forces Cars Direct a few weeks ago and couldn’t ask for a better service. Cheers for the recommendation on the forum guys.  I got exactly what I wanted in my new Lexus at a very good price, was nice that there is actually people out there in this country, that values people in the Armed Forces. They keep in regular contact with  updates on the build and shipping progress as well  I got the car to my front door to the hour requested as well, which with two kids and a busy life was good. I can only go with my experience so do with that what you will, but  I would recommend.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links