Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Map updates

Just had my car over 2 weeks now and when I go to see if there is a map update it comes up with the following (photo below). 
mentioned this to my dealer and told me that its because there is no map updates and I am on the latest version. 
I would have thought that it would have come up with no map updates or your maps are up to date like it does with the software update. 
To me this looks like I don’t have permission or not able to get map updates. 
anyone else come across this. 

Many thanks. 

IMG_2423.jpeg

They told me at the dealer that it was happening a lot where you have to login again and they told me rather than sync my phone to sync my key and every time I get in my car it recognises me straight away. 

I get that same message since I picked my car up over 2 months ago. I have also synced my key so it recognises me every time I get in the car but it's made no difference to the message.

I’ve had that message since I had mine in March 2022. 

I asked the dealer about it and they said they’d do the update. Car ended up being with them for 2 days being updated!

They didn’t know why I couldn’t do it

New map updates are usually issues 2x per year. Next one is due Nov & when I asked recently my dealer said to book it in & they will do it since OTA updates aren’t available due to the time required for an update to take place

34 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

New map updates are usually issues 2x per year. Next one is due Nov & when I asked recently my dealer said to book it in & they will do it since OTA updates aren’t available due to the time required for an update to take place

Interesting, what if you connect the car to WiFi?

3 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

When I picked up my car in Sep 22, I was told map updates were usually released in October/November each year. I asked about getting the map updated when my car was serviced last month and was told that it wasnt necessary and I could expect around 24 updates each year. This would make sense if small OTA were being done and is a much better idea than one dealer update per year. It worries me that two different dealers are telling their customers two different things.

13 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

When I picked up my car in Sep 22, I was told map updates were usually released in October/November each year. I asked about getting the map updated when my car was serviced last month and was told that it wasnt necessary and I could expect around 24 updates each year. This would make sense if small OTA were being done and is a much better idea than one dealer update per year. It worries me that two different dealers are telling their customers two different things.

Yes it is worryingly Malcom but at a guess I would say that your dealer is stating what was intended and believed to be the case whilst my dealer is stating the reality of Lexus failing to deliver on their intentions

• 5 months later...

Had the same problem as Gaazzared with the map update massage on my NX4050 since I took delivery in August 23. Just collected it from the dealer for the third time of trying to correct it and after having the vehicle two days, exactly the same, they don't seem to have a clue. I agree that if I am on the latest version, it should say so not produce an error message. I am now waiting a response from Lexus.

• Like 1

Map updates can only be done by a dealer. Updates via dealers are foc for 3 years.

Mine goes in on Thursday to have the latest maps installed, I’ll let you know how it goes

• Like 2

I had my maps updated last month at the dealer.  I'd had the same message on the screen stating "contact dealer" at the end of last year and had asked the dealer to update the maps when it was in for a service in January.  Unfortunately they failed to order in the correct part (assume a USB stick) so car had to be re-booked in 6 weeks later.  It took them 2 days to do it and they had to take the Battery off before the update would "take".   Previously at the start of 2023 it successfully updated itself over the air, all very annoying.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links