Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone identify this??

LE03XUS

Hi there - thanks for the add.... My wife's had her es300h for about 6 weeks now and all has been good. Today this fell off. It's from the rear by the nearside wheel - I don't think there's one the other side. Can anyone tell me what it is (so we can sound impressive when speaking to Lexus!), and what it does. I think it's probably clicking something im place, but not too sure what....

Thanks in advance

Stuart

DSC00620.JPG

21 minutes ago, LE03XUS said:

It's from the rear by the nearside wheel - I don't think there's one the other side. Can anyone tell me what it is

Unless anyone recognises it straightaway, some words of description might be helpful.

For example, how long is it?  Is it a hollow rubber tube with a short length of solid, twisted metal projecting from it?  Although it might be hard to think what the point of that might be?

Or is it length of flexible metal covered with a protective rubber sleeve?

Or is it a length of something like a fibre optic cable?

Or something else?

It's metal and mostly covered in rubber, about 28cm in length - to help with scale there was a DVD nearby, which I've now put in the picture. It looks like Uri Geller might have been at it.  At the other end the rubber has broke and you can see the metal sticking out (also now pictured). Looking at how it bends on the right I think it was doing the same on the left (like a smiling face - \_____/) and it has snapped where the metal is poking out the rubber (now looking like ____/   ) - the extra bit now somewhere in the road, or still attached to the car....

DSC00621.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

There's a staple next to it to give you a sense of scale 😉 

Oh, yes. Of course there is!  😊

And which size of staple might that be?

IMG_1318.jpeg

Since posting this, I see that Stuart has provided a CD for scale.  But the joke was too good to miss!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

You say it 'fell off', where was the car when it fell off, on your drive, on a public road? Did you see it fall off or just found it laying there?

Good point.

Did it fall off the car?  Or did the car park over it?

And life used to be so simple….🙁

• Like 1

OK, to be precise she was driving at the time and it fell down (one side detached itself from the undercarriage), whereby it started to scrape along the floor, which she could hear..... she pulled over to investigate and had to remove it (by pulling) in order to complete her journey home, which was about another half a mile

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LE03XUS said:

OK, to be precise she was driving at the time and it fell down (one side detached itself from the undercarriage), whereby it started to scrape along the floor, which she could hear..... she pulled over to investigate and had to remove it (by pulling) in order to complete her journey home, which was about another half a mile

Stuart, perhaps you could email the second photo - and your now more detailed description - to the Service Manager of your nearest Lexus Dealer?

After all, they’re working on these cars on a daily basis and should recognise this part.  I’m sure the prospect of a repair job will encourage their reply.

As another thought - and on the basis that you think it’s only on the nearside rear - I wondered if it might be connected with the fuel tank filler system?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links