Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation: anyway of avoiding stupid guidance

On 10/22/2023 at 1:09 PM, Starlight said:

Got the AA wireless but not sure whether I had it set wrong for these reasons;

1. Rarely connects automatically and having to constantly fiddle with phone and car Bluetooth settings in the morning or on restarting the car to connect.

2. Connection often drops while using Waze Nav on the drive which is a driving risk

3. Not sure whether this is down to Samsung Note 20 that I use.

For those who use AA WIRELESS please any ideas the best car setting to connect wireless.

On the other hand saw below re. 10,000 UK Land rover vehicles out of service due to parts and repairs, so cannot complain much.

https://www.msn.com/en-GB/autos/news/report--jaguar-land-rover-cars-stuck-waiting-for-parts/ar-AA1iE1W3?ocid=sapphireappshare

I gave up with my AA wireless and NX450+ after numerous resets, advice from the manufacturer and looking for solutions on various forums. No pattern in its connection issues - sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

One mans Artificial Intelligence is anothers Artifical Stupidy.

As a wise Greek once remarked to me: do not confuse stupidity with ignorance

On 10/22/2023 at 1:09 PM, Starlight said:

Got the AA wireless but not sure whether I had it set wrong for these reasons;

1. Rarely connects automatically and having to constantly fiddle with phone and car Bluetooth settings in the morning or on restarting the car to connect.

2. Connection often drops while using Waze Nav on the drive which is a driving risk

3. Not sure whether this is down to Samsung Note 20 that I use.

For those who use AA WIRELESS please any ideas the best car setting to connect wireless.

My AAWireless dongle has been pretty much faultless since the day I purchased it nearly 3 years ago - and with multiple Samsung phones over that time (S10+; S20 FE and now a S21 Ultra). Connects (very quickly) every time and there is no lag with music streaming or navigation using Google Maps.

@Starlight have you tried using the "Enable Passthrough" option for the device via the companion App's settings? This places the device into it's most basic, vanilla, configuration (so you will lose some of the extra functionality such as changing the screen DPI for example) but I find it works best for me as there is less margin for error. Give this a try if you haven't already. Failing that, feel free to DM me and I will be happy to send you a screenshot of my whole device settings so you can try to mirror these on yours. 

• Like 1

I’m 100% a Waze convert now. Yes it’ll take you on an odd route to save 0.00007 seconds sometimes but the real time plod alert is ace. I had Waze running in my Lexus when I was showing the car off to a passenger - “police spotted ahead” alert came up and it was a real life genuine speed trap ahead. Passenger instantly converted to a Waze fan! Google is just as good I think, but apparently uses more data - anything that’s running real time traffic and info is a game changer.

On 10/24/2023 at 10:19 AM, Andy B said:

My AAWireless dongle has been pretty much faultless since the day I purchased it nearly 3 years ago - and with multiple Samsung phones over that time (S10+; S20 FE and now a S21 Ultra). Connects (very quickly) every time and there is no lag with music streaming or navigation using Google Maps.

@Starlight have you tried using the "Enable Passthrough" option for the device via the companion App's settings? This places the device into it's most basic, vanilla, configuration (so you will lose some of the extra functionality such as changing the screen DPI for example) but I find it works best for me as there is less margin for error. Give this a try if you haven't already. Failing that, feel free to DM me and I will be happy to send you a screenshot of my whole device settings so you can try to mirror these on yours. 

Thanks Andy, downloaded the app and working on it. Still learning. Would really appreciate if you could screenshot your device setting. That would really help.

On 10/21/2023 at 7:50 PM, Harrier Man said:

Can you be more specific Giuseppe? What is it that you find unacceptable and a total nightmare?

Apologies for delayed reply, 79/80% of the time it takes me nearby, I.e. at the back of an estate with no way through to my destination, or through long narrow lanes, or round and round in circles. Once I set it for Guildford from Torquay and wanted to take me there via London. Mentioned to Lexus, did an update but still problematic. 

The software is similar, on start sometime I loose all my settings, I.e. radio, heating, etc.,sometime the seat pulls back/forward to exiting/ entrance, sometime it doesn't, the head up display keeps getting lower, sometime the app doesn't connect, sometime cannot preheat the car, plus various others. Again reported at service, promised a reset/update but still the same. I was promised wireless Android by the end of 2022 but still no clue as to when available. 

Hence my disappointment with Lexus! 

6 minutes ago, Pm4 said:

Apologies for delayed reply, 79/80% of the time it takes me nearby, I.e. at the back of an estate with no way through to my destination, or through long narrow lanes, or round and round in circles. Once I set it for Guildford from Torquay and wanted to take me there via London. Mentioned to Lexus, did an update but still problematic. 

The software is similar, on start sometime I loose all my settings, I.e. radio, heating, etc.,sometime the seat pulls back/forward to exiting/ entrance, sometime it doesn't, the head up display keeps getting lower, sometime the app doesn't connect, sometime cannot preheat the car, plus various others. Again reported at service, promised a reset/update but still the same. I was promised wireless Android by the end of 2022 but still no clue as to when available. 

Hence my disappointment with Lexus! 

Plus four recalls. 

On 10/25/2023 at 6:57 PM, Starlight said:

Thanks Andy, downloaded the app and working on it. Still learning. Would really appreciate if you could screenshot your device setting. That would really help.

No problem @Starlight

Here you go:-

Screenshot_20231027_184157_AAWireless.thumb.jpg.bc86fe76065001f3530e2f3391d62d79.jpg

You'll notice that most of the settings are pretty much Default or Disabled - this is because I have "Passthrough" set to "Enabled". 

The only setting that I have changed is under the "Wi-Fi Settings" option where I have changed the "Wi-Fi Channel" to 165. This was to prevent the device from "dropping out" whenever I passed a particular place on my commute (likely due to interference from mobile phone masts at that location).

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 12:03 PM, Andy B said:

No problem @Starlight

Here you go:-

Screenshot_20231027_184157_AAWireless.thumb.jpg.bc86fe76065001f3530e2f3391d62d79.jpg

You'll notice that most of the settings are pretty much Default or Disabled - this is because I have "Passthrough" set to "Enabled". 

The only setting that I have changed is under the "Wi-Fi Settings" option where I have changed the "Wi-Fi Channel" to 165. This was to prevent the device from "dropping out" whenever I passed a particular place on my commute (likely due to interference from mobile phone masts at that location).

Hope this helps.

Thanks Andy, tried the setting above and it seems to work. Hope it stays the same tomorrow on my daily commute.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 4:04 PM, BillSt said:

I still have a 15yr old Garmin alongside the Lexus screen. At least with that I have some selection. 

IMG_6566.jpeg

Why not using apple car play and apple map or google map? That’s all I use all the time and does a great job. 

I don't personally bother with SatNav. I never have done. If I'm going anywhere new, I'll just spend a few minutes on Google Maps before setting out or indeed, consult the good old-fashioned map book. 

Generally speaking, the only time I've used any car's SatNav is basically to see if the screen works, basically say "Oh, look at the pretty coloured lines on the screen!" and then turn it off again...! 

That's actually one minor irritant I have with my NX. I'm not sure if it's the same with them all or mine is stuck with some weird setting I've never discovered, but it always defaults to the SatNav screen when I turn the car on. Is there any way I can change it to default to another screen?! One of my routines I've learnt with the NX is get in the car, turn engine on, seatbelt on and then press the little car symbol on the right hand side of the touchscreen to bring up the energy monitor! That's what I used as a default on my UX. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links