Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, I have been connected to the IS 220D for 7 months and I have a problem with the power supply, probably available or ground... The problem has already been described, after the description that the door is not always closed, secondly, while driving it happens that during normal driving and  at night the steering wheel locks, and besides, it is dangerous when turning, the lights go off, the air vent goes off and the radio is not illuminated.  Looking through the description of the device, there is a bypass in the form of a thick copper wire, there is nothing on the descriptions of the fuse boxes, the socket is empty.  Add that I am looking for this box on eBay and the slot there is empty, my mechanic also has this Lexus and the slot there is empty too.  The problem was that I checked all the fuses, even if it's the passenger glove compartment and I can't find the problem

Zrzut ekranu_2023-10-11-22-17-41-38_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

Zrzut ekranu_2023-10-20-17-58-15-60_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Zrzut ekranu_2023-10-20-17-58-15-60_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Edited by Grumi38
Change post

Hi Grumi. I'd get a copy of Techstream as soon as possible. This is the best diagnostic program after what Lexus use. Once you have it scan the car and see what codes come up. Go from there.

Maybe your mechanic has Techstream if not he should. 

For now, it is done without this wire , if I remove this then is no radio, the steering wheel is locked and something else, and the airbag light is on.  And if I find this computer at a mechanic's, should I test it after removing this bypass?

I forgot to add that there is a copper wire inserted into the socket I sent in the photo, when the socket is empty, after connecting the computer, you cannot connect to the car's computer because there is no power, you can only start the car, the radio, air vent panel, and steering wheel are blocked

2 minutes ago, Grumi38 said:

Próbowałem wysłać, ale pojawia się błąd -200

Screenshot_2023-10-28-08-25-07-07_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.e2af432b97a1c2e055ee62f504aee730.jpg

On 26.10.2023 at 16:09, Grumi38 said:

Na razie obejdzie się bez tego przewodu, jak go usunę to radia nie ma, kierownica jest zablokowana i coś innego, i świeci się kontrolka poduszki powietrznej. A jeśli znajdę ten komputer u mechanika to czy mam go przetestować po wyjęciu tego bypassu?

I would check all the high current fuses in the no. 1 fusebox in the engine bay - you possibly have one of the 60 / 80 Amp fuses blown. Here's the location for a RHD vehicle (for LHD it is on the other side of the engine bay).

image.thumb.png.f654fbea11b8bfe17f743e251463b8b3.png

• Like 1

I would like to thank everyone for helping me with my problem, especially Colin Barber. I looked and measured everything, but due to the rain I wasn't able to check everything.  Today the roads were passable, I went to my mechanic, the transparent fuse cover was removed and there are two plates next to the cable, and someone had already repaired it there, using tin, which crumbled - an amateur repair.  We used a copper wire, which we threaded under the main wire and the other end under the bend of the plate and tightened it with pliers.  We took out what is in the photo and everything works... power steering, radio and everything else

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my friend, you are 100% sure about this fuse. Of course, after the repair, everything looked fine, the car was driving well until I replaced the wheels with winter ones, I left the garage, parked the car, then came back to drive away, got into the car and was surprised, there was no power steering, just P/S  the light is on, the rest, the radio and lights work, this Lexus is starting to drive me crazy

Okey... I think now I understand what is going on... So you had blown combination fuse (also know as fusible link) i.e. this thing:

Picture 4 of 5

THEY ARE NOT REPAIRABLE... you have to replace them. 

Now further I suspect that somebody messed with your car electronics and the reason it was blown is something else. So basically you fixed it, it worked for some time, something shorted again as it was not fixed and you back to the problem you had. 

You need serious auto electrician here, first they need to find what is blowing your fusible link, there will be short somewhere, but Lexus IS is not the simplest car when it comes to electrical problem troubleshooting (they are reliable, but if somebody comes and messes them-up it is real nightmare to find the issue), then they need to replace fusible link.

Linas.P It wasn't me who burned it, I bought a Lexus like that, someone there must have done it a long time ago and he just couldn't cope with it, and he just wanted to repair the main board with tin, besides, I've never seen such a repair in my life, and  he didn't cope because it turned out so well.  You need good equipment to solder sheet metal... and since it didn't work out, he got around it in the photo above, so we fixed it as best we could with copper wire, since replacing the entire main box would have been a disaster.  I looked on eBay, but everywhere I saw that the cables were cut, because of course they didn't want to disconnect the plugs, it's better to cut them and sell them, and let someone else connect them, tomorrow I'm going to the electrician's service, maybe he will undertake such a pseudo-repair

Obviously the fuses are there to protect the vehicle's wiring in case of a short and to protect against fire. Any bypass of a fuse link is potentially dangerous and if not done securely can lead to intermittent loss of power to some of the vehicle's systems. Also if a circuit that has a blown fuse is bridged to another one, you run the risk of overloading that circuit and blowing that fuse too.

Ideally you need to establish the cause of the fault in the first place, although such a serious fault should be obvious and I doubt is still there. The most common cause of these main fuses blowing is someone changing the Battery and getting the +ve and -ve terminals connected the wrong way round.

The attached power source diagram might help figure out what is going on.

PS.pdf

8 hours ago, Grumi38 said:

Linas.P It wasn't me who burned it, I bought a Lexus like that, someone there must have done it a long time ago and he just couldn't cope with it, and he just wanted to repair the main board with tin, besides, I've never seen such a repair in my life, and  he didn't cope because it turned out so well.  You need good equipment to solder sheet metal... and since it didn't work out, he got around it in the photo above, so we fixed it as best we could with copper wire, since replacing the entire main box would have been a disaster.  I looked on Ebay, but everywhere I saw that the cables were cut, because of course they didn't want to disconnect the plugs, it's better to cut them and sell them, and let someone else connect them, tomorrow I'm going to the electrician's service, maybe he will undertake such a pseudo-repair

I didn't say you were the one who burned it - I am just saying it was not fixed correctly.

First of all it is a fuse and fuses are not repairable as rule of thumb, so as Colin suggested - bypassing the burn contact is not a great idea. Secondly, fuses usually does not burn without other fault, so there is likely some other fault to be fixed before you replace fusible link. 

Replacing fusible link is little bit fiddly, but not a disaster, it took me maybe 2 hours. That cables are cut - that is not an issue at all, they are screwed in with screws, so having cables there are actually nice as reference (otherwise just take the picture before removing them). BUT - as I said, you need to find the issue first, just replacing fusible link is likely blow the new one again if the issue is not fixed.

So - identify and fix the issue and get new fusible link then. 

Of course, I don't like such crap repairs - fuses are there so that when there is no problem, they won't burn out.  And they will burn even if they hit a large puddle and there will be a short circuit. Unfortunately, the electrician I was supposed to go to today wrote that he won't be able to do it today, only tomorrow.  Of course, I will buy the entire box, I found one on eBay just for this fuse or to replace my box with the purchased one, and I will replace it when the electrician says that the electrics are OK and that the other one will not burn out

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links