Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any interest in buying my RCF?

Apart from buying the Yaris GR recently my poor RCF is not being used, even less than usual 13K at the moment. I've done the exercise of going down the Motorway/WBAC route in a an exercise to get a value for it without all the extras.

I would rather sell it to someone who appreciates what has been done to as it stands, but I have looked into taking the wrap off and putting the standard wheels and exhaust back on it. Then selling the Vossen wheels and Quicksilver exhaust separately.

It's value as a standard car is £32K according to the sites I've been on so feel if I asked £34K it would be reasonable. 

Some pictures will help.

I think you might have better luck taking the modifications off and selling as a standard car, especially if you still have the original parts. And then sell the mods separately.

Good luck with the sale.

I think the wrap would deter most potential buyers. But £34k seems a good price since yours is a newer model and very low mileage compared to most RCFs on AT at the moment. What colour is under the wrap? I've noticed white cars seem to take longer to sell..

Wraps are a subjective matter. People tend to like them, but not on a car they're about to buy, almost everyone I know in the modified car scene would be tentative about buying a car over £10k that's covered in a wrap. There is a small minority that would, but then you're hedging your bets they also want a wrapped RCF.

Too many horror stories of what's underneath will put a lot of people off. 'Before' photos of every panel is a must, we're talking a £30k plus car. A lot of money to find out the paintwork is dog rough underneath. Obviously I'm not implying your car is anything other than immaculate, but trust is hard to come by in the second hand car market. 

I'd remove all mods and get her back to standard. You'll make more money from the modifications too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RichGS11 said:

Wraps are a subjective matter. People tend to like them, but not on a car they're about to buy, almost everyone I know in the modified car scene would be tentative about buying a car over £10k that's covered in a wrap. There is a small minority that would, but then you're hedging your bets they also want a wrapped RCF.

Too many horror stories of what's underneath will put a lot of people off. 'Before' photos of every panel is a must, we're talking a £30k plus car. A lot of money to find out the paintwork is dog rough underneath. Obviously I'm not implying your car is anything other than immaculate, but trust is hard to come by in the second hand car market. 

I'd remove all mods and get her back to standard. You'll make more money from the modifications too.

I take your point about what could be underneath, it was like a new car before the wrap which from another point of view preserves the paintwork.

Someone locally who has always liked the car is now interested, so I've got to decide if I want to get rid of an excellent car with low mileage and road tax. I've been here before and kept it, don't know why I put myself through this torture every now and then. Must stop.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

I take your point about what could be underneath, it was like a new car before the wrap which from another point of view preserves the paintwork.

Someone locally who has always liked the car is now interested, so I've got to decide if I want to get rid of an excellent car with low mileage and road tax. I've been here before and kept it, don't know why I put myself through this torture every now and then. Must stop.

Same boat here dude (bar the tax). I always try with the idea of letting go, but then struggle to find a replacement that isn't over the top financially. You'll make the right decision and the GR Yaris is a great car to have as its replacement.

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

So not a done deal then?  Suppose it comes down to what’s driving the reason to get rid of it.

Are there any cons to keeping it and not using it much??

5 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

So not a done deal then?  Suppose it comes down to what’s driving the reason to get rid of it.

Are there any cons to keeping it and not using it much??

Not really, the main issue was that I bought it to replace my CL65 just before selling the contracting side of my business. Of course I didn't need to travel all over the country a month after buying it.

For what it's worth, now mine is gone I can't say a particularly miss it - I miss the engine, but not the weight.

For similar money there are other good cars out there to experience. How about a 911 or Guilia QV?

27 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

For what it's worth, now mine is gone I can't say a particularly miss it - I miss the engine, but not the weight.

For similar money there are other good cars out there to experience. How about a 911 or Guilia QV?

I’ve nearly bought a 911 Turbo a couple of times and have owned other Porsche’s in the past and haven’t really an great interest in them anymore.

I still really like the everything about the RCF, comfort, enough speed for the road etc the GR fits the spot where the RCF doesn’t. I’ll probably land up keeping both although a bit extravagant life is too short not to indulge.

On 10/22/2023 at 6:48 PM, B1RMA said:

Not really, the main issue was that I bought it to replace my CL65 just before selling the contracting side of my business. Of course I didn't need to travel all over the country a month after buying it.

Then why both selling it.  Sounds like there's no real need to so why bother!  As is the way with the RCF, its probably lost most of the value its going to so its not actually 'costing' you much more to hold on to it.

That's how I justify it......coincidently I'm considering my options too for the RCF, though not straying too far!

Marcus

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links