Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear tip options

Allo,

I'm looking at getting some kinda of exhaust tips for the rearof my IS300h f-sport.

This would just be for looks and not for more noise.

Is there anywhere I can get bolt on tips? Or will I go down the route of getting twin backboxes made and fitted? 

Final option would be to buy the tips along with the Aimgain rear diffuser but that comes in at a hefty £1000 plus without painting the rear diffuser from rhdjapan.

Any advice and thoughts welcome 😁

3 hours ago, boothy said:

Any advice and thoughts welcome 😁

Everyone to their own tastes, of course.

But personally I can't see the point of spending a lot of money on changing the visibility/non-visibility of exhaust pipes. I'd rather spend the money on a holiday in Majorca.

I await the people shouting me down for such an extreme view on a car forum!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Be aware that the insurance companies will want to steal £200 from you for modifying the car. It is unbelievable.

There is a small plastic wind deflector on the boot of my car. I do not know if it was a factory option or extra from Lexus or the dealer.  I asked the Lexus main dealer that I bought it from ( used vehicle ) and they say that they do not sell modified cars therefore, as I did not fit it, the car must be standard. Or is it??? 

I checked images on google and some cars have them and some do not.

If I think and declare that it is a modification ( 2 inches of cosmetic plastic that affects nothing ) I pay £200 more for my insurance.

So, I have declined to declare it as I honestly do not know who fitted it or where it came from - maybe a previous owner -but once you go into this area it is a can of worms. I have asked Lexus to Send me confirmation that the car I bought was completely standard as the confirmed on their records and over the phone - still waiting for the email.

I don't think it's worse the hassle cause they point downward and mainly concealed.

Be a different story if the exhaust was straight and out rear bumper.  I would suggest you leave it as it is.

Just get some go-faster stripes.. they will add 50hp 🤣

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links