Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back in SC430 ownership.

Bob King

9 minutes ago, Nigel Coleman said:

Looks simples Bob - what was the charge?

£60.00

Or was the question the charge of refrigerant

..750 grams 😉

25 minutes ago, Nigel Coleman said:

I was just thinking the location of the filler valves look straightforward for the mechanic to top up or refill.

Yes one port behind the grill and the other near the top on the n/s inner wing .

8 hours ago, Bob King said:

Got out for a little drive, not been washed this year but still looking precentable  😎

IMG_0186.jpeg

Is this one of those self drive cars? 😉

Looking very nice indeed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Since I had the boot interior out looking for a water leak (now fixed), it seemed a good time to sort out the broken parking sensors.

Pulled out the original dealer sensor kit and fitted one I’ve had at home for ages .

I managed to pull the new wiring through the bumper holes by taping it to the old wiring and pulling it into boot.

once tested and all good, I refitted the whole boot interior , also tested roof still folds away .

parking sensors are black but so close to the Windsor blue, I’m happy with it 👍🏻

IMG_0347.jpeg

IMG_0335.jpeg

IMG_0340.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Hope you remembered emergency fuel cap release?

Of course you did!

Yes..I was struggling to push trim back in and hold fuel cap cord at the same time …all sorted.

Plus get interior light and roof flap switch wiring plugs in place 🙄

Dressed up the slam panel with a fresh coat of satin black, also stripped off all the brackets and painted them, then reassembled with my obsession of black plastic caps on all the bolt heads….I really need to get out more ! 😄😄

10mm plastic caps can be found on eBay 👍🏻👍🏻

IMG_0346.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Dressed up the slam panel with a fresh coat of satin black, also stripped off all the brackets and painted them, then reassembled with my obsession of black plastic caps on all the bolt heads….I really need to get out more ! 😄😄

IMG_0346.jpeg

Bob, Is the satin Black a decent match for the rest of the bay? My two brackets could do with a treatment similar to yours, but was unsure what to use.

The slam panel I done in satin and the radiator brackets in gloss👍🏻

I guarantee the rad brackets will rust again only answer is to buy new…for me enjoy  the challenge 😉

IMG_0316.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Every radiator bracket seems to need treatment!

Yes…solution in buy them new from Japan ..cheap as chips👍🏻

Being at the front i think they are susceptible to road salt ☹️

14 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Bob, Is the satin Black a decent match for the rest of the bay? My two brackets could do with a treatment similar to yours, but was unsure what to use.

Yes I found it spot on, I only sprayed the centre section upto the rubber bonnet stops, can’t see a difference in the paint finish .

if it helps this is what I bought ….

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hycote-Bodyshop-Satin-Black-400ml/dp/B004SHKJES/ref=sr_1_19?crid=37PKU6ZAFC3PF&keywords=Chassis+gloss+Black+400ml&qid=1707868486&s=automotive&sprefix=chassis+gloss+black+400ml%2Cautomotive%2C223&sr=1-19

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bob King said:

IMG_0346.jpeg

If it helps stop the bolts from rusting then the plastic caps are well worth it Bob. I've snapped and extracted a few rusty 10mm bolts on the GS and RX, oddly not so much the SC. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bob King said:

Yes…solution in buy them new from Japan ..cheap as chips👍🏻

Being at the front i think they are susceptible to road salt ☹️

The brackets really have a very poor paint finish. Mine were brand new 30 months ago and this is what they look like now. I think they are going to need repainting from time to time. IMG_6502.thumb.jpeg.b9f6bfc1c6d14576d6fc804b0d0a874d.jpeg

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

The brackets really have a very poor paint finish. Mine were brand new 30 months ago and this is what they look like now. I think they are going to need repainting from time to time. IMG_6502.thumb.jpeg.b9f6bfc1c6d14576d6fc804b0d0a874d.jpeg

Seems a common enough issue. Fortunately, remove and painting them seems a small enough task.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

The secret is catching them before they start to rust the slam panel….new nuts would also help.

Maybe go stainless steel 👍🏻

• Like 2

Proximity to grill probably a moisture issue and rusting around bolts always an issue. Combine et voila and no mystery for the little grey cells. Shoot I need to stop rewatching Poirot!

• Haha 1

Disappointed to find it raining this morning.. had plans to work on SC .

Weather bucked up late morning ..so got busy .

Refurbished another inner wheel rim, the decided on the shade of blue Caliper paint , will finish off with gold Lexus decals .

IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_0396.jpeg

IMG_0401.jpeg

• Like 1

Good choice Bob they look very smart but won't you lose a half mark for the non-original metallic blue? 😁

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links