Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gas mileage....

pfn

I'm fairly certain that owners of these cars really didn't buy an LC because it's a frugal choice. That said, I'm interested in what kind of gas mileage LC owners get. 

This is the 5th 'sports' car I have owned, (assuming a 4300 lb car is a 'sports' car), and as I no longer need to play 'boy racer' I find myself chasing high mileage. 

Go figure.

Around my home, in a  semi-rural area, get about 21.5 mpg. On a recent excursion over a 100 mile section of that drive, I saw 33 mpg. 33 MPG!!! I thought that was just wonderful.

Who'd a thunk it?

Converting your mpg (US gallon?) figures to UK gallon, then you are achieving 25.8 and 39.6 mpg I'd say that was pretty impressive! I'm sure some of the V8 owners (given mines a hybrid) will shortly be along to comment but looks like you have a gentle touch on the gas peddle.

41 minutes ago, Brian R said:

Converting your mpg (US gallon?) figures to UK gallon, then you are achieving 25.8 and 39.6 mpg I'd say that was pretty impressive! I'm sure some of the V8 owners (given mines a hybrid) will shortly be along to comment but looks like you have a gentle touch on the gas peddle.

I get around 24mpg from the RCF, can’t imagine there is too much difference.  One thing I do notice is higher octane fuel runs better and increases efficiency by around 10%.  It would be a struggle to get as high as 26mpg local to me whilst maintaining traffic speeds.

On a motorway run at 70mph I’ll get 30mpg+ with little struggle.

How does the hybrid compare?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

I get around 24mpg from the RCF, can’t imagine there is too much difference.  One thing I do notice is higher octane fuel runs better and increases efficiency by around 10%.  It would be a struggle to get as high as 26mpg local to me whilst maintaining traffic speeds.

Exactly the same for my IsF

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

Typically, on day-to-day driving, 27/28 mpg, and on a good motorway run, then 37/40 mpg. However, the day-to-day mpg can easily fall to low 20's if I don't spare the horses.

Just for my amusement, there is a regular run I do where circumstances usually allow me drive largely on Battery power (albeit not exclusively) and over a distance of circa 7 miles, I've been able to tease 48 mpg out of it. This gives me some bragging rights when my wife cheerfully informs be of her 60 plus mpg from her Honda hybrid!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, shapiro said:

UK - 35mpg easily on a run. On my usual runs to the super market / town driving low teens. 

The way the engine ticks over at high speed  is something really special.  

With respect to the gearing in the LC500, what kind of rpm are you doing around 65-70mph in top gear?  In the RCF 8 speed it’s around 1500-1600rpm if I remember correctly…..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links