Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

FSport suspension

Vatreni

Hi all,

About to hopefully join this group with my first Lexus. I am a bit torn though and would appreciate some advice from F Sport owners. I test drove a standard ES and the ride was fine. 

I much prefer the looks of the F Sport model, but have read it's jumpy at low speeds. All the reviews though are from early 2022 so have Lexus made (or planning) any improvements to the ride? Any real world experiences with this model would be gratefully received. 

thanks

I owned a 20 plate f sport before I purchased my my23 premium edition and I have to say that I much prefer the latter. The ride on the slightly smaller 18 inch tyres is much better. I really did feel that the fsport was a little to crashy for my liking. 

And I agree the fsport does look better! 

It's looks or ride! Whats more important to you? 

• Like 1

The only real difference in looks between the F Sport and the non F Sport ES is the grille and the side badges. Yes, it has bigger wheels but I've had one of each and have never really noticed the difference. I do prefer the F Sport grille however. I still feel that the F Sport instrument cluster is the dog's bits.

Ride-wise, my ES F Sport was far better over bumps than my IS F Sport even though it had 19" wheels as opposed to the 18" IS F Sport wheels. Do I miss Betsy's 19" wheels on Tiff? Not really - I can still hurl Tiff round like a hooligan when we're both in the mood and I don't notice much difference. I never really got any benefit from the S+ mode either. It could be because I'm a crap driver though. I wouldn't say the ES F Sport is at all jumpy at any speeds however.

IMO my f sport 200t is a firm ride and does thud a bit over bad road surfaces. I do try to avoid potholes but it means that I am all over the road which may upset people behind me😉.

If the fsport is a firm ride then my isf is absolutely rigid, and the suspension is in perfect condition. A real thump over ridges etc.

I have heard probably mistakenly that sport mode changes things suspension wise??? but I have never noticed apart from the fact  that sport mode hangs on to lower gears for longer and may sharpen up the throttle response. Both cars almost never go out of "normal" mode as they are quick enough anyway, even the 200t is nippy when it wants to be. It makes its own mind up on how quick it wants to take off relatively speaking.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links