Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, wondering if anybody has purchased ball joints off amayama, part number 43330-59045 and 43340-59045 for each side, £40 each.

According to the site this is an oem part, I don't want to be getting a cheap part especially for something like this, it seems fairly cheap to me tbh so just curious.

Luke hi.
Over many years I’ve bought Amayama and they have indeed been OEM stamped Toyota in plastic bags BUT certainly been more expensive than this indicative price range 

Usually a few hundred ££ for the UCAs but after all delivery vat Customs and Excise costs etc have worked out maybe 50% of Lexus/Toyota uk store prices 

Rockauto a good supplier and there’s LexusPartsDirect too 

What are the parts you’re looking for ( not numbers ) 

Malc 

Thanks for the reply Malc, both front lower ball joints, from lexuspartsdirect they are £80 each, there is a non oem replacement from amayama for £20 each but obviously not putting that on.

Plus 40 for posting from Japan however still works out cheaper than I was expecting tbh for one of these cars. 

Thanks for your help, there's a 2 week wait on the amayama part, however I do have another car and don't overly need to drive all that often, there's currently no play or anything it just creaks and have lubricated it for the time being as it seems the grease has gotten out from a damaged rubber cover.

If the amayama part is definitely just the same thing I think it makes sense to save the 40 quid.

Also bear in mind you may be subject to VAT ordering from Amayama so looking at £120.00 + £24.00, £144.00 in total.

The last time I used Amayama even though they showed stock they didn’t actually have any so they cancelled the order several weeks later!

I purchased a pair was from Lexus Derby many years ago and haggled the price down to £100.00 inc VAT from £120.00 so another option is to call your local dealer and see what they can do price wise.

Given that the joints have no play and just damaged boots you can get replacement rubber boots from various suppliers as another option.

https://www.balljointboots.co.uk

28 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Also bear in mind you may be subject to VAT ordering from Amayama so looking at £120.00 + £24.00, £144.00 in total.

If the total price excluding carriage is less than £150 there is no tax to pay afaik, it’s classed a gift or something like that. I’ve ordered stuff under £150 and it’s been delivered straight away with nothing extra to pay.

Don’t know your car’s mileage but lots of original stuff lasts 100/200k miles ……. the rubber boots / dust covers perish with age too and are relatively inexpensive …… but are necessary protection and often subject to an MOT Advisory 

If you’ve not yet had MOT or Advisory issues then it’s possible all is well currently …… if you can put up with some aged creaks and groans 

Everything always looks rust coloured underside but rarely of importance …….. 

Those creaks and groans might just be telling you that she needs using a lot more …… my recent purchase of the 1991 Mk1 worried me a little with those interminable and incessant creaks……. which with a lot of use have seemingly now just “ vanished “ 

Your car, if it’s not MOT Advisory nor Failure condition then it might be as well to leave alone and use her more ! 

Good luck making the right cost saving decisions 

Malc 

Hopefully doesn't need using more I don't think my bank account can manage that, with 30mpg, done about 7k in 7 months in her and she's about to tick over 215k, as you say if original probably just time to replace. But no mot issues however that was 7 months ago when I first bought it.

Any maintenance history throwing light on prior works ? 

I would personally wait for the next MOT time to reveal any potential issues …… unless there have been unattended to Advisories 

Malc 

As Malc notes, Rockauto are ok. I’ve had good parts and prices from Ayamara…luckily no cancellations.

I had x2 lower ball joints from Rock Auto at $40 each plus tax, delivery extra.

They we’re Beck & Arnley might have been on offer and would be daily driver quality+ so not cheapest on offer.

They’re 4 years old, have done 19,000 miles. Light surface rust sorted by qrust and paint a few months ago either rest of the underside. All good and just through the MOT.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links