Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Park Assist Rear Only Not Working

Hi,

I have just purchased a NX300h 2017 Sport, the parking sensor button under the steering wheel lights up green and beeps when switched on but only the front sensors detect an obstacle, all 4 rear sensors do not seem to work.There is no fault on dash. There is also no indication on the dash when you switch on the P button and there is no image of the car to show which sensor is near to an obstacle. Any ideas?  Is there a fuse somewhere that may have blown, I have seen lots of issues on here with sensors but I can't understand how it is part working.  Thanks

Be aware, the fault was there prior to the Lexus service and subsequent start of the warranty period. So, the fault will not be covered by the Lexus warranty.

But, IMO, it's still worth getting the car fixed, then serviced with the warranty going forward. Future piece of mind for a very complicated vehicle.

• Like 1

Sometimes, parking sensors may need calibration. Check your car's manual for instructions on how to calibrate the parking sensors. You might need to try turning the sensors off and on in a specific sequence or using a calibration button.

On 11/24/2023 at 10:21 AM, Al D-Much said:

Be aware, the fault was there prior to the Lexus service and subsequent start of the warranty period. So, the fault will not be covered by the Lexus warranty.

But, IMO, it's still worth getting the car fixed, then serviced with the warranty going forward. Future piece of mind for a very complicated vehicle.

I would suggest not mentioning it at the service. Let it have the service (they won't notice it!), start the warranty, then take it back in a month or two's time to say they're not working... You're welcome. 😉

On 11/26/2023 at 11:48 AM, Steve Oliver said:

I would suggest not mentioning it at the service. Let it have the service (they won't notice it!), start the warranty, then take it back in a month or two's time to say they're not working... You're welcome. 😉

Am I to understand that you are advocating warranty fraud, on an online forum?
In my opinion, that not such a smart thing to do.

On 11/26/2023 at 11:48 AM, Steve Oliver said:

Except when they read the codes and see the date stamp for when the fault happened?

• Like 2

On 11/23/2023 at 12:50 PM, alanbroon said:

Any ideas?  Is there a fuse somewhere that may have blown

There isn't a separate fuse. The parking ECU powers all front and rear sensors directly. The thing in common is they are all wired on the same sub loom - potentially it wasn't reconnected if the bumper was removed.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links