Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Second hand carbon part

I am after this small carbon part which is cracked due to a defect in the gsf. It’s to the right of the steering wheel.

its too expensive from Lexus and wondered is there is a gsf that has been scrapped.

thanks

scott

IMG_3603.jpeg

Good luck. The problem is that you would be competing with many other GS F owners for the same part. Here is what mine looked like before I sold the vehicle:

image.thumb.png.482054e65e667a3bc2a4810670188078.png

According to Lexus CS we have all mistreated our vehicles and used cleaning products we shouldn't have :angry:

I'd look into getting the part wrapped, possibly along with the other pieces (which will also delaminate at some point in the future) so they match.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scott Rogers said:

i read it was due to cold weather that caused the issue, mine is cracked to bits

Yes, I would imagine so due to the fact that these interior pieces haven't been sealed properly - the external parts don't suffer as much from this.

Mine took over a year to get to the point you see in the photo, but started during lockdown when the vehicle wasn't really used much.

Not advocating in any way at all but the dismantler's selling these wheels had an entire GSF at one point

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333768752155?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=8xMc12cKTTW&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=KnwGFylsR_a&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Send them a message but like other say, likely all the parts in demand have gone.

I would imagine that it will happen to any second hand part, if you are lucky to find one. 

That was the first part on my car to delaminate and now it has happened to several other parts. 

If you're handy, you could rub the clear coat down with wet and dry, then spray it with clear lacquer, unless of course the actual carbon fibre has shattered. Otherwise, as above, wrap it. There's a really good supplier in Stoke, take a look at their stock and instruction videos. You can make all sorts of parts using their kits.

Easy Composites, Longton.   https://www.easycomposites.co.uk/

Thanks guys, the plastic covering the carbon has now cracked all over due to the cold weather. No point in replacing it as it would happen again in the next year or 2.

if I try to take it apart it would fall to bits, I may have to wrap over the top.

im going to check out both handy tips thanks.

9 minutes ago, Scott Rogers said:

Thanks guys, the plastic covering the carbon has now cracked all over due to the cold weather. No point in replacing it as it would happen again in the next year or 2.

if I try to take it apart it would fall to bits, I may have to wrap over the top.

im going to check out both handy tips thanks.

Contact Reverie in Essex, they may be able to advise on possible next steps. Helpful company when it comes to carbon.

https://www.reverie.ltd.uk/contact.php

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links