Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purpose of the Lexus Link+ app?

What is the purpose of the Lexus Lin+ app?

It seems slow to respond to changes of state in the car (eg doors unlocked/locked)

Does not provide a link to the sat nav.

Shows where my 'phone is but not the car!

I do need to have the phone with me when in the car otherwise I get a message to accept/decline services (not clear what).

Most car related apps now show where the car is (handy at times).

So what is the purpose of this poorly designed app?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrB said:

Shows where my 'phone is but not the car!

It should show you where the vehicle is. At least that much should work.  Send destination to car used to be a feature in the old app but it is no longer there.

First time here as a new owner of UX250h, The old link app worked fine, but after the update in the car I could not sync until I downloaded the new link+ app, now for some reason I can't turn on the worm up or lock remotely. I don't have that option in the app the old one just worked fine. Any suggestions on this?

1 hour ago, Csaba77 said:

First time here as a new owner of UX250h, The old link app worked fine, but after the update in the car I could not sync until I downloaded the new link+ app, now for some reason I can't turn on the worm up or lock remotely. I don't have that option in the app the old one just worked fine. Any suggestions on this?

I'm resisting taking the new app as long as I can, sorry for your woes Caba.

Today I will play with it to try to make it work! 

I will post my findings, the only reason why I updated is that it was poping the notification on the nav screen that is not synced. and is annoying every 5min. need to press cancel

• Like 1

It didn't take me long, the issue is in connected services there is an additional confirmation button on the app. that you want smart features activated. once I press that I get an extra window under the main screen allowing me to lock, unlock, and start climatisation.  tested and working tho the map is still off not showing me the car location. but at least I have those functionalities.  the phone is Iphone 13. 

thumbnail_Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 13.55.03.jpg

By There Own Admission Lexus Uk Say That they are still working on this app.. Lexus + To sort out the Gemlins which cause the Problems.. I Too Cannot Retreive My journeys in the car... It stopped recording this Data In October ...Inconvenient i know but lexus are AWARE of all these Problems and are trying to Work through them so the app will work as it Should..HOPEFULLY

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Csaba77 said:

It didn't take me long, the issue is in connected services there is an additional confirmation button on the app. that you want smart features activated. once I press that I get an extra window under the main screen allowing me to lock, unlock, and start climatisation.  tested and working tho the map is still off not showing me the car location. but at least I have those functionalities.  the phone is iPhone 13. 

thumbnail_Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 13.55.03.jpg

Good info. Thanks.
My Connected Services only shows 'Trial Services' and does not show any to add nor a settings button anywhere on the app. I assume that my car doesn't support anything more.

Screenshot_20231217-195553.png

Lexus continue to market Lexus Link+ as having send to car - Customer DisService say the service will be available soon - have been telling me that since May.

Lexus are light years behind other manufacturers in terms of the App - 8 years ago Mercedes Me had functions like geofencing and 4 years ago BMW enabled you to take a live photo of the car (uses the 3D cameras). May not be what you particularly want but are just examples of how advanced they were years ago compared to Lexus now.  

IMG_0841.jpeg

6 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

Lexus continue to market Lexus Link+ as having send to car - Customer DisService say the service will be available soon - have been telling me that since May.

Lexus are light years behind other manufacturers in terms of the App - 8 years ago Mercedes Me had functions like geofencing and 4 years ago BMW enabled you to take a live photo of the car (uses the 3D cameras). May not be what you particularly want but are just examples of how advanced they were years ago compared to Lexus now.  

IMG_0841.jpeg

Amazingly the old app used to have "send to car"..... but then there has been a lot of regressions lately.  Possibly the old app would never have worked on an RZ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lmafudd said:

Good info. Thanks.
My Connected Services only shows 'Trial Services' and does not show any to add nor a settings button anywhere on the app. I assume that my car doesn't support anything more.

Screenshot_20231217-195553.png

The first screenshot is what i didn't have activated and the second showing the services.

if you have new UX you should have Smart services activated for free 3y. go to the dealer and he have to setup your account properly, mine took 45min until everything was synced!

403618065_1327130244613870_1664764767352778527_n.jpg

411374919_887815132647387_7144738307723217075_n.jpg

7 hours ago, MrB said:

Given the issues with Lexus Link+ app  It would be good if LEXUS put an update on here

There is no official Lexus representative on these forums. It would be nice, but, we aren’t going to get that here. 

• Like 1

The problem with the Lexus Link + app is that it is all things to all men, women and small fury creatures from Alpha Centuri. One app, many cars with many options. 

For me and my UX300e, it can tell me the Battery % and if charging when it may be full. It can remote defrost when it’s cold, tells me when a service is due if I don’t know already, and can give me a score for EV coaching. 

That’s about all I use it for and wouldn’t ask any more of it.

Paul

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

The problem with the Lexus Link + app is that it is all things to all men, women and small fury creatures from Alpha Centuri. One app, many cars with many options. 

For me and my UX300e, it can tell me the battery % and if charging when it may be full. It can remote defrost when it’s cold, tells me when a service is due if I don’t know already, and can give me a score for EV coaching. 

That’s about all I use it for and wouldn’t ask any more of it.

Paul

I agree with you completely, I had an old app with remote lock and defrost/climatization to start beforehand... when initially installed the new app... I didn't go through all the settings and setup, since after initial sign-in and initial setup were telling me I'm good to go... but I had to accept the agreement to activate the app controls. when I manage some free time from a busy schedule i sort it out very quickly and that's all I wanted same functionality... I didn't ask for any extra features or options... they should issue a step-by-step setup in the form of a PDF or video guide...  most of us old school are not so tech-savvy... 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links