Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just saw this and thought to share…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196133438662?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=d4lcoMhORIC&sssrc=2051273&ssuid=d4lcoMhORIC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

In case someone is interested in buying an RX just saw this on eBay and thought to share it. 

It’s very interesting how the prices dipped 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, b4u2 said:

If i am already spending that money, would go to a main dealer or official seller.

Agree with this. I also wouldn't want a 2020 car with over 76,000 miles. 

• Like 2

I mostly agree with paying more for lower mileage but I completely disagree with buying from dealerships unless buying a new car. 

They are so inflexible with the price, when I was buying mine a few years ago I had my eyes on a Premier from a Lexus dealership. I asked for a 2% discount and he turned me down without a blink trying to sell me more insurance crap and service plans. Two weeks later the car was still for sale but with almost 4% lower price, so HOW frustrating is that?! 

Also I have seen 2-3 years old cars HPI clear sold by Lexus that clearly had some of the panels (poorly) repainted so regardless of where you buy you need to know a bit what you’re buying. 

Now buying privately is another story, first you get to meet the person who drove it and usually you can tell a lot by that. Secondly if the car was maintained by main dealership on schedule and has active warranty I don’t really see the problem. The best part is that you can negotiate and get to the point that makes you happy when you’re buying. 

Also there is a 2021 Takumi on autotrader with 24k miles, sold privately for 33k probably negotiable. It’s red so not my cup of tea but come on, what you’re getting for your money is a LOT. That would’ve been close to 70k when new just two years ago. So I m sure you see my point. 

Getting into a dealership, having a coffe and being treated nice by the man in the suit, sure is very nice but then I remember that I m paying for all of that so I don’t like it anymore. 

In 2020 my mate bought a 2017 RX for 35k from Lexus. Two years later and 13k miles more he returned it at the same dealer for 24k. I saw the car coming back on the market for guess how much?! Exactly 35k. I thought it will be there forever but a few weeks later it disappeared.

This is the price paid for nothing else BUT convenience. 

Apart from regular service my friend put 4 new tyres and new brakes a year after buying it. The classic rear squeak from suspension wasn’t fixed on warranty they just lubed it. He also paid for extra warranty about £800/ year after the first year if I remember well. At that point Lexus didn’t have the 10 years/100k miles warranty. So for him was a very frustrating experience and he started to hate Lexus for that, which is not fair as they are excellent cars. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, John Walker said:

I mostly agree with paying more for lower mileage but I completely disagree with buying from dealerships unless buying a new car. 

They are so inflexible with the price, when I was buying mine a few years ago I had my eyes on a Premier from a Lexus dealership. I asked for a 2% discount and he turned me down without a blink trying to sell me more insurance crap and service plans. Two weeks later the car was still for sale but with almost 4% lower price, so HOW frustrating is that?! 

Price flexibility depends on the dealer and car, and also your situation in terms of whether you will walk. I managed a very good discount on my car, which the dealer had also just reduced (aka wanted rid of). Mine was already the cheapest one of that spec/age/mileage advertised in the UK and I got more off it.. I was also originally told not a penny off until I shook has hand and started out the door! Thousands then came off the price.

if one dealer won’t deal, someone else will - assuming you aren’t too picky on exact spec or colour. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tickedon said:

I was also originally told not a penny off until I shook has hand and started out the door!

That's my tactic too. But I have noticed how Lexus dealers seem a bit big-headed about the value of their cars and tend not to deviate much. That's when the walk out the door gets real.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I sold mine 65 plate RX F-Sport to a Lexus dealer with 60k miles on it for £20k recently. its up for £24k. 

Theres a reason for the stringent sticker prices that Lexus dealers dont tend to sway from. Turned out its to do with the used car market as a whole and they would prefer to keep the sticker prices as high as possible (obviously) for the longest period of time. Therefore, more likely to give you more money for the PX or throw bits in

On 12/15/2023 at 9:27 AM, John Walker said:

In 2020 my mate bought a 2017 RX for 35k from Lexus. Two years later and 13k miles more he returned it at the same dealer for 24k. I saw the car coming back on the market for guess how much?! Exactly 35k. I thought it will be there forever but a few weeks later it disappeared.

It was probably stolen.

Paul

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2024 at 3:35 PM, rayaans said:

I sold mine 65 plate RX F-Sport to a Lexus dealer with 60k miles on it for £20k recently. its up for £24k. 

Theres a reason for the stringent sticker prices that Lexus dealers dont tend to sway from. Turned out its to do with the used car market as a whole and they would prefer to keep the sticker prices as high as possible (obviously) for the longest period of time. Therefore, more likely to give you more money for the PX or throw bits in

Shame it didn’t go to a reasonable person instead of these ripp off dealerships 

5 hours ago, John Walker said:

What makes you say that? 

John,

Sorry -  I was joking - there have been so many thefts (RX now being the UK's most stolen car as a fraction of registered vehicles).

Cheers,

Paul

6 hours ago, John Walker said:

Shame it didn’t go to a reasonable person instead of these ripp off dealerships 

I don’t quite see how these Dealerships are ‘rip offs’?

Surely, a ‘rip off’ is when you don’t get what you pay for - such as being told that your roof requires extensive, expensive repairs and later discovering that it didn’t.  Or that the price you’ve paid wasn’t justified by the work done.

But you’re not being conned into buying a car, are you?  You have the opportunity to test drive the car, compare it with other, similar examples and -  ultimately - walk away from the deal.

If it turns out to be mis-sold and not as described or develops faults, you have legal rights to redress.  

No doubt there are car buyers whose purchase turns out to be a disappointment, but buying that specific car was their choice.  Personally, I’ve never had a problem with walking away from a deal.  Perhaps more importantly once I’ve bought what I want at a price with which I’m happy - I stop looking!  So I don’t feel ‘ripped off’ if something cheaper suddenly appears.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links