Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Euro Road Trip without a spare wheel?

Mossypossy

Would you chance a 3000+ mile, 7 week road trip without a physical spare wheel (SC430)  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you chance a 3000+ mile, 7 week road trip without a physical spare wheel (SC430)

• Yes. That's what breakdown insurance is for.
    • No. Might be at the mercy of Spanish bandits.

10 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Or off Etsy home knitted !

Malc 

21 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Oooh knitted eh? My wife knits.

With a plastic bag super cover / liner 

Malc 

Wheel arrived today. Very snug fit. Boot just closes. Tyre is 10mm wider than OEM spare. 

Wife is buying grey wool!

Have to source a spare bit of tool cover mat to butcher.

IMG_20240103_120037.jpg

IMG_20240103_120050.jpg

• Like 2

Does it fit any better the other way around ? That’s how I fitted mine 👍🏻

Also check it fits front and back wheel position.

• Like 1

Grey wool 😥…….. be adventurous  be multicoloured BUT why not continue the bright yellow theme 😄

Malc 

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

Does it fit any better the other way around ? That’s how I fitted mine 👍🏻

Also check it fits front and back wheel position.

will do....surely if it fits front then rear will be ok

56 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

will do....surely if it fits front then rear will be ok

Yes it should do but check before you go on your travels 👍🏻

Found it..this is what I read on here last year …

"Most space savers will not fit on the front. If you puncture on the front, replace with a rear, and put the saver on the rear. Not ideal, but it would get you moving temporarily." 

👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just go and take it on the fly. In case you have a puncture use the kit and drive to the nearest village. France Spain garages in literally every place, they will get you going again. I once had a puncture in France no spare no nothing so they came to the rescue with a flatbed and guess what? they took me to the nearest village where it could be repaired the next day. Did spend the night in rural France in an Allo Allo village the hotel owner telling me to lock up here is the key as i am not there. Local pub i still remember everybody silent when i came in but a wonderful night it was. Just go and dont try to secure all and everything?

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 6:38 PM, dutchie01 said:

Just go and take it on the fly. In case you have a puncture use the kit and drive to the nearest village. France Spain garages in literally every place, they will get you going again. I once had a puncture in France no spare no nothing so they came to the rescue with a flatbed and guess what? they took me to the nearest village where it could be repaired the next day. Did spend the night in rural France in an Allo Allo village the hotel owner telling me to lock up here is the key as i am not there. Local pub i still remember everybody silent when i came in but a wonderful night it was. Just go and dont try to secure all and everything?

Sounds absolutely wonderful. I kind of grew up in that sort of place.

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Well. Time to test out the spare in anger. One tyre is losing air. At least tpms works and fault clears when air is replaced.

Mix up some washing up liquid and water, get a bubbly mix and run it around the tyre valve.

If not there..around both rim beads …then onto the tread 👍🏻

Not a problem. There is a garage a few hundred yards down the road that will sort it. Pirelli tyre with good tread so worth repairing if possible. Might put wheel in my wheelbarrow!

• Haha 1

Liking the studs attached to hub. Can't remember last car that had this stud setup. Helps when you get older and less flexible. Obviously a car designed for codgers.

27 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Liking the studs attached to hub. Can't remember last car that had this stud setup. Helps when you get older and less flexible. Obviously a car designed for codgers.

Had a wee run over to Lytham today. They should call it Moneybanks On Sea. Young chap at Modern Classics pulled up in the road, window down, appreciating the car. Apparently had not seen one up close and personal before. I sensed an offer coming so I closed it down before we got that far.

T'is nice to get the appreciation of something that bit different. By the way had a look indoors at their storage. Wall to wall with Porsche, old Alfa collectibles and the odd restored Triumph. Almost a small car museum. Lovely day all in all.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links