Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Year predictions

Labour win an election and follow the precedent of taxing second homes more highly by introducing a reformed tier of road tax system whereupon additional vehicles are taxed at an incrementally higher rate. For example +50% of a vehicles standard rate of tax for a second vehicles rising to 100% for a third vehicle and so forth.

Unfortunately, I have form at this kind of thing albeit the good news is I can be years ahead as I was with 2nd home tax reform and even further infront on the EPC rating law reform for rental property.😪

I would like to be wrong this time.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Labour win an election

I agree, Labour win and continue the nasty party's policies apart from giving away a few extra quid to the poorest and the strikers. Thus the country will spend more than it earns ( even more ) and run up debt and onerous interest charges and bond sales which will lead to even more difficult times in the future.  It won't be much better than that, but still a damn site better than the Tories feeding all their rich mates. But hey, pensions and taxes and energy prices and food inflation are all going up soon so why worry?

So what to do - Buy a house in Italy for 1 Euro and do it up and live off your cash until you drop dead?  That's if you are a lover of intrusive bureaucracy and criminal corruption.

Who can buy a one euro house?

“Is it true or is it a joke?” reads a section of the website case1euro.it, which lists €1 properties currently for sale in Mussomeli, 60 miles south of Palermo, Sicily.

It is not a joke. Rules differ from town to town, but in the case of Mussomeli, buyers must have the financial and practical wherewithal to:

• Support all expenses for the drafting of the deeds of sale (notary, registration, transfer)
  • Prepare a project for the renovation of the property within one year of purchase, acquiring any permissions needed
  • Start work within two months of the date of issue of the building permit
  • Conclude work within three years
  • Put down a “guarantee policy” deposit of £5,000 (£4,314), which they will lose in the event that the work doesn’t go ahead within three years

8 minutes ago, GMB said:

I agree, Labour win and continue the nasty party's policies apart from giving away a few extra quid to the poorest and the strikers. Thus the country will spend more than it earns ( even more ) and run up debt and onerous interest charges and bond sales which will lead to even more difficult times in the future.  It won't be much better than that, but still a damn site better than the Tories feeding all their rich mates. But hey, pensions and taxes and energy prices and food inflation are all going up soon so why worry?

So what to do - Buy a house in Italy for 1 Euro and do it up and live off your cash until you drop dead?  That's if you are a lover of intrusive bureaucracy and criminal corruption.

“Is it true or is it a joke?” reads a section of the website case1euro.it, which lists €1 properties currently for sale in Mussomeli, 60 miles south of Palermo, Sicily.

It is not a joke. Rules differ from town to town, but in the case of Mussomeli, buyers must have the financial and practical wherewithal to:

• Support all expenses for the drafting of the deeds of sale (notary, registration, transfer)
  • Prepare a project for the renovation of the property within one year of purchase, acquiring any permissions needed
  • Put down a “guarantee policy” deposit of £5,000 (£4,314), which they will lose in the event that the work doesn’t go ahead within three years

Arrive Derci ! Keep a pizza hot for me. Ohhhh, just norf a bit grab a small batch Primitvo they don't export circa 15% full bodied and plummy to wash that pizza down .

24 minutes ago, GMB said:

All well, but you will end up in a dead village, not for nothing they are giving housing away these places are almost deserted with only some elderly and hopefuls remaining. No young, No children no nothing. Population of maybe 150? No work nothing to da and so on. I would say go for it!. And the corruption? depends on how you look at it. Its culture, you help me i help you just join it and play the system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

All well, but you will end up in a dead village, not for nothing they are giving housing away these places are almost deserted with

. No young, No children no nothing. Population of maybe 150? No work nothing to da and so on. I would say go for it!. And the corruption? depends on how you look at it. Its culture, you help me i help you just join it and play the system.

Sounds good to me! 😁

2 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

only some elderly and hopefuls remaining          -      Sounds like where I  live now.

• Haha 1

Sounds like Italy should be the “ dead villages” to send the UK arrived illegal migrants too rather than anywhere else ……. to meet up with the myriad of illegals I met there when last visiting the coastal realms of Italy a few years back 

They all seemed happy illegals … Senegal etc ….. fitted in well with the locals it seemed at the time ….. or maybe it’s those now making their way to UK shores and afeared of being sent to Rwanda and to join the myriad of refugees sent there already, quite safely, by the UN 

Who seem to object to UK illegals joining their cohorts in Rwanda 🤔

Malc

• Like 1

Nikki Haley will be elected president of the USA

Wars in Ukraine and Israel will come to an end

Refugee crisis will spin out of control in Europe and influence elections

China will enter an economic crisis triggered by the collapse of the housingmarket.

There will be an avalanche of Chinese car brands entering our markets of which 80% will fail.

The Lexus LBX will be a success and the RZ a total flop.

Lexus will not introduce new models.

The Vokswagen group will fight to stay alive and transfer production to China.

Jaguar/Landrover will change ownership

Max Verstappen will become F1 champion

I will spend as much time as possible in Spain.

Whatever the topic my wife is always right

Healthy new year to all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

China must be the only nation without a housing crisis ……. reading the crisis amongst the house builders, Evergrande etc is simply of their own making and under China State type accounting can never actually go bust ! 

They've already built enough surplus ( empty ?) housing to re-house the entire Chinese population ….. FACT ( I’m reading !)

Malc 

3 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

All well, but you will end up in a dead village, not for nothing they are giving housing away these places are almost deserted with only some elderly and hopefuls remaining. No young, No children no nothing. Population of maybe 150? No work nothing to da and so on. I would say go for it!. And the corruption? depends on how you look at it. Its culture, you help me i help you just join it and play the system.

Indeed, and you better be sure it is forever, because your chance of a resale is slim to zero. These villages are deserted for a reason, the young kids move out for work etc which means resaleability in the toilet.

Warren Buffett once said he buys what he understands. Great advice for people coming from a UK market, because they really will not understand the dynamics of foreign markets.

• Thanks 1

Warren Buffet and his alas sadly departed colleague Charlie Munger ( rip ) are the greatest sages in our Living Memory 

Malc 

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

China must be the only nation without a housing crisis ……. reading the crisis amongst the house builders, Evergrande etc is simply of their own making and under China State type accounting can never actually go bust ! 

They've already built enough surplus ( empty ?) housing to re-house the entire Chinese population ….. FACT ( I’m reading !)

Malc 

Welcome to capitalism..

28 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Welcome to capitalism..

Not ever Capitalism.  

Chinese State accounting will NEVER allow the builders to go bust it seems 

And the State will forever have surplus max apartments built for the entire 100% population …… 1.5billion is it ? 

UK Labour Party has promised 1.5million homes built in their next tenure in office …… just 1% or less of what’s freely available in China 👍

Maybe the homeless UK population under Sir Kier will transplant to be social housing tenants of Emperor Xi 

Bring on Labour ….. they won’t need Lexii for sure 🥳

Malc 

• Haha 1

Kier Starmer wins the General Election, but with a large proportion of seats won with a majority of 5,000 votes or less, he’ll struggle to hold the party together as the left try to re-assert control. Jeremy Corbyn supporters wait excitedly for their moment.

There will continue to be political scandals, regardless of which party is in power. With a Labour Government the smart money is on Emily Thornberry doing something dodgy, but it could be any of the rascals in Parliament.

The Conservatives will have their ‘Michael Foot’ moment and turn to Liz Truss, ensuring that almost regardless of what Labour do in office, they’ll remain a more credible option.

In the US, the Republican Party will finally realise that almost anybody other than Donald Trump can beat Joe Biden. Kermit the Frog wins the nomination, and a landslide victory, becoming only the third muppet to become President.

Donald Trump sentenced to prison time.

The BBC will continue to make ‘progressive’ programmes to appeal to ‘Gen Z’ failing to realise that Gen Z don’t actually watch television. The people who actually still watch the BBC, and who the BBC despises, continue to give up paying the licence fee, and BBC output and funding becomes a political crisis.

Boris Johnson launches a surprise TV career in the remake of the Pink Panther, playing a brilliant Clouseau. He ends the year with an Oscar nomination.

People continue to argue online about the EU referendum result in 2016, but to everybody’s surprise everybody on every side decides to ‘agree to disagree’ and move on. A new Bank Holiday is declared in celebration, but arguments restart over whether to call it ‘Farage Day’ or ‘Delors Day.’ The nation sighs wearily…

There will be an uneasy peace brokered for Gaza, but no long term solution (after all, why would we expect an easy solution after a couple of thousand years?).

The war in Ukraine will rumble on, largely ignored by the Western Powers who have now lost interest. However, Vladimir Putin also loses interest, and in a shock move starts a TV career in the remake of Kojak. He ends the year as a beloved entertainer with a Golden Globe nomination.

There will continue to be an absence of genuine good news, mainly because any actual good news is dismissed in the toxic echo chamber that political and economic discourse has now become.

Electric car sales will continue to stall, leading to increasing price reductions and finance offers to encourage motorists to switch. Labour’s ‘green industrial revolution’ becomes a mid-term crisis for Kier Starmer, leading to his resignation following details of funding provided to the party by ‘interested parties.’ Angela Rayner takes over as leader. Voters decide perhaps Liz Truss wasn’t all bad…

Sadiq Khan loses the London Mayoral election, and tries to mimic Donald Trump by declaring the election void and London a new republic under his leadership. Nobody outside of the M25 notices, and satisfaction levels in the rest of the country increase with London gone…

Happy New Year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

I will buy  a second ride, and the crowd will be shocked at my choice.

I doubt it very much !

Malc 

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

I will buy  a second ride, and the crowd will be shocked at my choice.

I doubt it very much !

Malc 

and Ed, Berkshire will possibly get Home Rule too and impose super LEZ fees on all cars over 3years old …… especially Lexus 

Malc 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links