Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coming from an ES to the UX

Hi All and Happy New Year,

I have made the move to a UX 300E from my ES FSport and must say it is different but nice to drive.
Road noise is much more audible and not as well insulated as the ES and the instant torque requires getting used to but overall happy with the UX.
This is the Takumi grade so it comes with the Mark Levinson system, but I cannot seem to find any settings in the Sound menu of the Nav/Multimedia, where I could select options for the speakers and sound distribution. This was available on my ES which was also a Takumi grade, Does anyone here know?

Thanks

Hi, Enjoy your new UX300e.  It will be interesting to see how it compares to the ES. I came from an IS and it is different. I can’t make up my mind if I like it or not. 
I haven’t got round the range anxiety yet. Currently on a full charge it says about 160 miles range, but in the real world that means about 100 so can’t travel any further than 50 miles from home. Haven’t tried public charging yet. 
see thread on ML set up here

Enjoy

Paul

• Like 1

100 miles range in winter is about thesame as the BMW I3 did when it was launched a decade ago. Paul were you aware of this before you bought it and did it bother you or not? 

I knew the range was poor but it didn't bother me at the time, I was too interested in trying an EV for myself.

• I mainly did short trips to and from work (in stop start traffic with killed the MPG of the IS)
  • There were free charges at work
  • My mum had just died so I wanted to treat myself
  • It seemed a good price at the time 
  • I wanted to try the ML sound system
  • There was always my sons petrol Jazz on the drive to borrow whist he was at uni for the next two years if we needed to go longer distance.

As it turns out

• I am no longer working (early retirement), so more leisure trips but no chargers at destination.
  • The chargers at work were less than half the speed of the wall box at home.
  • I am now stuck with a car that is worth less than the GFV in 2 years time.
  • The ML does't sound that much better than the old sound system.
  • It's an SUV which my son hates.

So to sum up, Its a nice car and fills my needs but just doesn't feel special like the IS did. I haven't got used to the short range  in winter yet or been brave enough to try public charging.

Just to be clear it is the pre facelift model with the lower range

Any tips on how to beat the range anxiety?

Paul

Have used the fast charge public networks and it charges up to 80% in around 40 minutes, which is not bad. After it reaches 80% the charge rate is much slower, as I noticed it drops down to 10kW and lower.
The public chargers are around 79p a kWh.

I do have range anxitey, so will have to factor in the charge stops on a longer trip.

@PaulWhitt20 Thanks for the ML thread. Unfortunately MY21 has the older nav with the track pad and not the updated touch screen. 

Interesting, I don't see these options at all. The only options available are FM and DAB in the sound settings 😕
System Current Version 
Audio - 1146
Navigation - 1160

3 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Hi, Enjoy your new UX300e.  It will be interesting to see how it compares to the ES. I came from an IS and it is different. I can’t make up my mind if I like it or not. 
I haven’t got round the range anxiety yet. Currently on a full charge it says about 160 miles range, but in the real world that means about 100 so can’t travel any further than 50 miles from home. Haven’t tried public charging yet. 
see thread on ML set up here

Enjoy

Paul

2 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Any tips on how to beat the range anxiety?

Paul

Try the public chargers. You propably wont have to full charge for the trip you do so just connect and wait 20 mins see how far you get. Also have a look where they are on the app you have. Might be wise to get several as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links