Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

Talking to the vendor of the car I bought, he really did not have any idea what his car was really worth. All he had to go on was the 20 cars currently for sale on Autotrader. There is no website that tells you the actual sold prices, unlike houses where you can access that info....after 6 months admittedly.

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Talking to the vendor of the car I bought, he really did not have any idea what his car was really worth. All he had to go on was the 20 cars currently for sale on Autotrader. There is no website that tells you the actual sold prices, unlike houses where you can access that info....after 6 months admittedly.

Practical classic magazine list all the traditional classic cars and a few of the Japanese ones, they’ve just started to list the values of the LS400, so only a matter of time that the SC430 will be covered.

the magazine normally contacts the relevant car clubs to get an idea of values.

1 hour ago, finchy40 said:

Lads. The search you do on registrations…… Is that something you pay for or is it a free app? 

Go to totalcarcheck.co.uk

You see the pricing structure for doing searches. I had not heard of this before, but think it is a wonderful tool for getting rid of cars you should not need to drive out and see. Save some time and petrol. God its almost Green !

• Like 2

Mossy…… I’m sorry for using a few up on you. I hadn’t realised and at £3.25 each they’re not cheap. Thank you.

If I can tap into you chaps knowledge again…… KH seller has sent me what I believe is a very honest video and photos.

The most significant thing seems to be the two rear corners of the roof. 

what’s your thoughts?

image.thumb.png.bd18127ccaa33eea83ae1e2d775dc276.pngimage.thumb.png.5d27130b8463b4b9f0e4de51cce5fe37.png

Mossy…. Pardon my ignorance.

‘aluminium is corrosion not rust’

whats the difference then? 
and would I be able to repair it?

"Aluminum oxide appears as a powdery white or dull gray coating. As oxidation occurs, it hardens and creates a protective layer over the newly exposed areas of corroded aluminum. The aluminum corrosion process is actually halted by oxidation—the metal won’t continue to deteriorate unless the aluminum oxide is removed. As mentioned earlier, unlike rust, which has a flaky, orange appearance, aluminum oxidation cannot be easily chipped off the metal surface."

Maybe just live with it? I am sure many cannot cope with a bit of bubbly looking paint.

From this very forum:

Couple of the corners on my roof has alloy corrosion, I don’t plan to touch it, will only make it look worse. 
    I shall call it "age related charm & character" 😉😉

• Like 1

Leave it or deal with it. For a few hundred pounds, it can easily be repaired and painted just like any other part of the bodywork. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, finchy40 said:

Mossy…… I’m sorry for using a few up on you. I hadn’t realised and at £3.25 each they’re not cheap. Thank you.

If I can tap into you chaps knowledge again…… KH seller has sent me what I believe is a very honest video and photos.

The most significant thing seems to be the two rear corners of the roof. 

what’s your thoughts?

image.thumb.png.bd18127ccaa33eea83ae1e2d775dc276.pngimage.thumb.png.5d27130b8463b4b9f0e4de51cce5fe37.png

Very very minor. Not really a concern and not needing of attention unless you want it to be. Rust and corrosion underneath gets more of my attention with these old cars. If the seller is being come forward about faults/weaknesses that is a good thing.

• Like 1

Car has general corrosion to the underside …to be expected for its age.

Worth a look considering the mileage and desirable colour combination 👍🏻

• Like 1

Colour way and mileage is good as is the MOT history. I note the advisory on corrosion is only on current MOT and 'not substantial' so very well might be just a sign it's time to get a proper underseal done .

Is that a small ding near the tyre lower panel?

Yes Bob, doubt it will be around long and why are all these cars always in the South ! People up Norf 'av money too.😪

• Haha 1

Just not as much money as the southerners obviously!!!

That said, I’d anyone’ after a whippet, flat cap and black pudding, we’re the folks to consult. 

• Haha 2

Quality Whippets are quite hard to find but Morrisons are doing a buy one get one free offer at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GMB said:

Quality Whippets are quite hard to find but Morrisons are doing a buy one get one free offer at the moment.

Sainsburys do a buy 6 and get 25% off.

1 minute ago, Boomer54 said:

Sainsburys do a buy 6 and get 25% off.

Which bit do they cut off?   No, don't tell me!

1 minute ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Whippets?

We use Corgis down south!

Whippets are faster, especially with the go faster stripes and bits cut off to lighten them.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links