Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

9 minutes ago, GMB said:

Which bit do they cut off?   No, don't tell me!

Whippets are faster, especially with the go faster stripes and bits cut off to lighten them.

it's the bit that goes into taste the difference burgers😉

• Haha 1

The used car market is still in the process of sorting itself out. I think it might take another year, maybe two to finish the correction. 

• Like 1

With my search for an SC430 over the last year , I would say the 10-13k price range has slowed down to a snail’s pace and 15k+ has fully stagnated.

• Like 1

Look whose back.

Marketplace – 2006 Lexus Sc430 convertible | Facebook

Was of course originally at £1750 and probably could be had for that. Messaged the guy who bought it. Lexus lover who bought it on a whim being local. He says he forgot he sold his last one because his knee makes access difficult so having been reminded of that is parting with this one quickly. Do we believe ? Does it matter?. Apparently, he confirmed as we generally thought the previous long term owner had been sacrilegious about maintaining this car and it is apparently in very good nick. The mileage is high of course ,but do we care that much at this price. You could throw another couple of grand at this and still be safe on value if thats all it took to be fully sorted.

Posting it here in case oor friend feels like having a close look. The MOT history is very good which kind of backs up the story of a car that's basically only been serviced and looked after regularly at the Lexus dealership.

Compared to a lot of the other stuff out there it looks value to me subject to an eyeball  and test drive.

• Like 1

Could be worth that “ broken “ 🤔  or even as a daily runaround 

Do I want an Sc430 😂

Few days holidaying in the snow in Blackpool to decide  😇

Malc 

41 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Different seller from last time

Surely more sense to stick it on ebay for a true auction.

I have spoken to him. He is not eBay material. Not even Facebook really. I take that as a positive.

34 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Headlamp jets tastefully covered 😁

Reg number not available for checking history .

Under bonnet looks unattended so leading indicator of neglect?

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Look whose back.

Marketplace – 2006 Lexus Sc430 convertible | Facebook

Was of course originally at £1750 and probably could be had for that. Messaged the guy who bought it. Lexus lover who bought it on a whim being local. He says he forgot he sold his last one because his knee makes access difficult so having been reminded of that is parting with this one quickly. Do we believe ? Does it matter?. Apparently, he confirmed as we generally thought the previous long term owner had been sacrilegious about maintaining this car and it is apparently in very good nick. The mileage is high of course ,but do we care that much at this price. You could throw another couple of grand at this and still be safe on value if thats all it took to be fully sorted.

Posting it here in case oor friend feels like having a close look. The MOT history is very good which kind of backs up the story of a car that's basically only been serviced and looked after regularly at the Lexus dealership.

Compared to a lot of the other stuff out there it looks value to me subject to an eyeball  and test drive.

The engine is ticking over and plenty of lights on the dash , guess rear abs reluctor rings worn.

IMG_6381.jpeg

5 hours ago, Bob King said:

The engine is ticking over and plenty of lights on the dash , guess rear abs reluctor rings worn.

IMG_6381.jpeg

I have been trying to find where you got that shot from ,but i can't see it on the pics I am looking at even when I blow up the angled shot of the dash. Are we talki ng about the same car? Silver/Morecambe?

Yes it's a snip of one of the images for the Silver Morecambe car. The warning lights add up to something like an ABS or wheel speed sensor fault so Bob is guessing it needs new rear ABS (reluctor) rings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Picking up on a comment about the roof panel being aluminium……. Are the rear pillars either side of the rear windscreen also aluminium. 
Looking at an SC that has a very small amount of bubbling so hopefully just as insignificant if that too is aluminium. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Yes both roof panels are some sort of  aluminium 👍🏻

Probably the type known as 'Bubblearse Aluminium' first invented by Jay Hawk Rustlearse from Rustville, Texarse.

Yes, I know I am never going to make it in stand-up.

2 hours ago, finchy40 said:

Picking up on a comment about the roof panel being aluminium……. Are the rear pillars either side of the rear windscreen also aluminium. 
Looking at an SC that has a very small amount of bubbling so hopefully just as insignificant if that too is aluminium. 

Not a deal breaker, just allow say £400 to properly address it. 

Interesting graphic about used cars now being even cheap …..lots of optimistically priced SC430 currently on the market then 😮

IMG_6387.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links