Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

29 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

How many 34,000 mile cars will have had a recent cambelt change? Is it miles or age that kills shocks, belts and exhaust?

Agreed that price is ok if everything is good though and a car that is one owner and has been garaged all its life is very appealing.

I have just passed the £10k total spend mark with buying a new battery. New exhaust will be next biggie.

Well strictly speaking this one should be closer to a third than a second Belt given it's year 2005. manufacturers do specify both age and mileage so if we believe them age degradation must be a factor irrespective of mileage. Do we believe them though?

Replacing the timing belt is the insurance policy you don’t get a 5-10k destroyed engine .

Owners are just playing Russian roulette if it’s over due.

With used SC430’s it’s finding the balance between a totally neglected model to ones that only ever seen a main dealer for everything.

Gary’s example was one they stands out to me, very low price paid yet only needed servicing etc 👍🏻

• Like 2

The only downside to getting this car at such a good price is that I keep thinking something is going to go wrong……. Despite now having clocked up 750 miles and an MOT qualified mechanic telling me it’s in great order. 😉

I do indeed ‘get it’ now and can’t believe word hasn’t got out. These cars are fantastic fun and great value for money. 

• Like 3

Got to have the mindset that this is the equivalent of £100k car in todays money.

Also....will a £100k car bought today last 20 years?

I think not!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

One for you to analyse Bob.

"Concours"

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202403278008784

Screenshot_20240327-085320.jpeg

the dealer is too liberal with his praise  .......  " truly concourse "   then  " in great condition " ..........  where's the purists amongst you  🤣

Malc

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

"Concours"

Does look very very clean and tidy both body and interior..things go down hill with the bonnet open 😮

Rusty radiator brackets , Battery jacket missing .

History wise, not been mot’ed or taxed since last March 2023.

As a rule of thumb, rusty radiator brackets ,corroded underside.

would definitely make a very good show car and a rare colour, price is a bit top heavy but acceptable if it’s dealer service stamp for every year of its life.

Photo’s too shaded to see brand of tyres ☹️

…Send Gary around he’s our best negotiator for a good deal !😁😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

Just noticed the roof lining has dropped, not seen that before .

IMG_6794.jpeg

Considering it looks pretty much all original it’s odd the silver below the grille has been painted. To me the asking price seems way over the top for a 2002 with that mileage but I do like the colour a lot. I didn’t pay that much more for my one owner 2004 with only 7600 mile done and had the timing belt, radiator, tyres and Battery replaced by Lexus just before I bought it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

"Concours"

It looks decent enough from the bitcwe can see, but it's not concours anymore than mine isn't. As a start the vinyl behind the rear seats needs sorting.

23 minutes ago, wizzymillion said:

Buy your Bud,  driver's license,Passport, Visa, EITLS exams, Fake bank notes 
Email: wizzymillion17@gmail.com
telegram; https://t.me/Hemicorey19
 EMAIL; wizzymillion17@gmail.com

We supply perfectly reproduced counterfeit money with holograms and all security features available.
Indistinguishable to the eye and to touch.contact today

Why would you buy from us?
Our banknotes contain the following security features that make it to be genius and we have the best grade counterfeit in the world both Euro and Dollar and any bills of your choice you want. Security features of our bank notes are AAA grade with the following quality: Intaglio printing Watermarks Security thread See-through register Special foil/special foil elements Iridescent stripe / shifting colors. -Holograms and Holographic Strips -Micro-Lettering -Metallic Ink and Thread -Watermarks -IR Detection -Ultra-violet features -See through Features -Different serial numberwe offer both national and international deliveries. All of our deliveries are safe, fast and discreet.
All customer delivery information is eliminated after delivery to ensure a fair deal.
We supply only original high-quality BANKNOTES to all countries worldwide.
We print and sell perfect Grade A BANKNOTES of over 52 currencies. Our money is perfectly reproduced with all security features available and we assure you everything is safe and indistinguishable to the human eye and touch (REAL MONEY LOOK AND FEEL).
EUR - Euro
USD - US Dollar
GBP - British Pound
AUD - Australian Dollar
CAD - Canadian
and many more
Delivery usually takes 2-5 days
-Free shipping
-THE bills/notes bypass everything, counterfeit pens and machines.
-I have the best HOLOGRAMS AND DUPLICATING MACHINES
-UV: YES
-All security features available
contact today

e-mail; wizzymillion17@gmail.com

FB_IMG_1699924112533.jpg

Thanks Wizzy but if you don’t sell fitted cambelts and water pumps to a SC430 for less than £650 I ain’t interested.

• Haha 1

Just seen this one on Facebook for sale. Lovely Matador Red. Probably a scam as on Facebook but I likeIMG_6549.thumb.png.b350e2e182790930e17af919354d3e0f.pngIMG_6548.thumb.png.69a1bc75024a0a3e90d0b0c99bdfa580.png the red seatbelts and how they compliment the ecru leather.

It’s On Autotrader as well now. 
Looks lovely however, the boot looks like it’s got a fair bit of water staining in it so might need checking out. 
Bob will know better than me but I do love the colour combo. 

18 minutes ago, finchy40 said:

It’s On Autotrader as well now. 
Looks lovely however, the boot looks like it’s got a fair bit of water staining in it so might need checking out. 
Bob will know better than me but I do love the colour combo. 

Looking on Trustpilot the dealer has some good reviews but some are dreadful so any prospective purchaser will need to have wits about them. Lovely colour combination though.

1 hour ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Just seen this one on Facebook for sale. Lovely Matador Red. Probably a scam as on Facebook but I likeIMG_6549.thumb.png.b350e2e182790930e17af919354d3e0f.pngIMG_6548.thumb.png.69a1bc75024a0a3e90d0b0c99bdfa580.png the red seatbelts and how they compliment the ecru leather.

To my eye every other panel looks a different shade, more o/s/f wing to door and n/s/r wing to bumper.

think the roof has been lowered wet and has left water marks in the boot.

Have seen those red seatbelts before …will have a look through my photos 👍🏻

1 hour ago, finchy40 said:

Not for sale but a few of you have asked to see some photos of the ‘new to me’ SC. 

FF5B8C98-2880-4D8E-B2B0-BDAF6EB533E3.jpeg

003586A2-AAF4-4D2C-BA23-7E535FC642EC.jpeg

3D5709D6-A664-4E19-B5AE-899F5F798549.jpeg

F4164085-5E3A-4378-9965-2C6727E4F5BB.jpeg

2856DB1E-CC9D-47E7-B086-BE17EA348298.jpeg

06F3FE05-7520-4CAA-A22A-0E9D7962BDAF.jpeg

432ACF5D-0736-4FE1-B6A0-E74D9C43E9EF.jpeg

13406EE8-5A74-434B-9E55-F14F90CB5AE2.jpeg

E76C26E2-AAD3-4D55-9254-1940CD857CBE.jpeg

B85CB863-4D55-4AE4-942C-2968F9862084.jpeg

333EACFD-CE81-411F-BF0B-0F50D6904000.jpeg

My 2004 looks like it was never suppled with the netting in the boot and hasn’t even got the side retaining clips so I assume this was an optional extra.

17 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

My 2004 looks like it was never suppled with the netting in the boot and hasn’t even got the side retaining clips so I assume this was an optional extra.

Yes. Previous owner bought the netting. 

• Like 1

That's strange. Now two red for sale on Autotrader at slightly different prices. Different reg. Different cars looking at the seat belts. However, in both there is one pic of a guys legs in the driving seat wearing exactly the same trousers? Or is it time for me to go to the opticians again?

• Haha 1

Sorry to say Sherlock it’s off to specsavers with you 😉

Different trousers, both colour and cut of pockets.

IMG_6827.png

IMG_6826.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links