Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Every Service Item

CT200NI

Hi all, about to take ownership of a 2017 CT200h Sport next week. I’m unsure of the service history (for now). Assuming the worst… this is what I reckon is ‘every’ major serviceable part: 

Oil

Oil filter

Hybrid filter

Hybrid health check

Transmission fluid 

Brake fluid and bleed

Engine coolant Coolant 

Engine air filter

Cabin filter

Steering alignment check / adjust 

have I missed anything? Does this car have steering fluid or is it electric?

Do any of you use Lexus parts and fluids or are you getting on fine with quality oils and filters from third party brands like Castrol etc? 

very excited to get the CT and if needed, get her up to top shape with the servicing 

6 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Has it not had Full Lexus Service History to retain its 10yr Relax ? Warranty 

Malc 

I can’t be sure of it yet. I’m hoping at least the first three years had it (once I get the V5C I can check online).  At best I think that’ll be the case. It’s been for sale in 2021 (same dealer) then traded in again for an event so I’d say while it was sitting at a dealership it probably never had stamps for 2023 or 2022

i am tempted to get the full service from Lexus but that’s £505 and I sort of want all the other fluids done etc, though I suppose I could just buy that from them up there for cheap 🙂 

54 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Has the car the online Lexus service history schedule ….. from new to whenever ? 

Malc 

I won’t be able to see until I get the V5C to get full access to that info sadly 

Don't think the transmission fluid is considered aa service item.

Also, spark plugs are a service item, which I believe are done at 6 year intervals, and are an additional cost to the major service.

1 hour ago, CT200NI said:

I won’t be able to see until I get the V5C to get full access to that info sadly 

Really don’t understand why Lexus at the Centre couldn’t make this info available tbh …… if they wanted to be usefully helpful ! 

Malc

You mentioned in another thread that the car had been sitting for a while. Since the 12V Battery in a CT is relatively small and drains faster than a regular 12V Battery if the car sits for a while for instance, I would include to check the Battery health in your list.

Best would be to buy a new one so you know it's history and age.

This car can give all sorts of electrical errors, all dashllghts on etc. if the 12V Battery is not in good health.

Mine read 75% health at the dealer when serviced, still in good health according to them, but a week later my car failed to start...

Changed with a new one and all was back to normal.

1 hour ago, MartsCT200 said:

You mentioned in another thread that the car had been sitting for a while. Since the 12V battery in a CT is relatively small and drains faster than a regular 12V battery if the car sits for a while for instance, I would include to check the battery health in your list.

Best would be to buy a new one so you know it's history and age.

I spent £250 this time last year getting a very nice Varta AGM Battery for my outgoing car.. sigh.  Though I'll replace this one too if need be.

1 hour ago, MartsCT200 said:

This car can give all sorts of electrical errors, all dashllghts on etc. if the 12V battery is not in good health.

Mine read 75% health at the dealer when serviced, still in good health according to them, but a week later my car failed to start...

Changed with a new one and all was back to normal.

Good to know this upfront if I run into any electric issues - thank you. My first car, a little old petrol, would have electric power steering always go first when the voltage dropped! haha 

My last car was the same, died a few times. Jump started. Took it to Halfords for the free check, they said it was fine. Next day (frosty morning) wouldn't start.  A couple of weeks ago I just got a little glovebox size car jump starter, so that might get me by for a while until a new Battery.   

3 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Really don’t understand why Lexus at the Centre couldn’t make this info available tbh …… if they wanted to be usefully helpful ! 

Malc

I have just sent an enquiry off to Lexus Belfast asking about the service plus the extras I've listed. I think that would get me off to a good start. I mentioned to them I am not yet aware of the existing Lexus service history, but asked if they could inform me in the meantime.. If they want to use that as leverage to convince me to book it in, I'm hoping they will!  

It's the website I'm talking about so far, I haven't 'fully' verified the VIN as mine, so I can't see e-Store or Map updates either yet. Once I get the V5C I'll be able to access it. Fingers crossed. 

4 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Don't think the transmission fluid is considered aa service item.

Also, spark plugs are a service item, which I believe are done at 6 year intervals, and are an additional cost to the major service.

I read that online, but then I see other videos saying how no fluid truly lasts a lifetime and giving it a change 60/100k miles would maybe be a good idea... but only if there is a drain plug / refill plug. Although in saying that, this is a CVT which I believe is quite different to a typical automatic gearbox? (I know in principle about the cone shaped gear and the thing sliding along it as required). 

I added spark plugs to the list - thank you! Been in the diesel world too long...

=====

So, hopefully Lexus will price me. Hoping the labour already involved in the major service might cut down on the total versus doing these separately.  The Toyota app used to show a lot more individual 'maintenance' items right down to gearbox oil change etc. 

I wish I could find the full on maintenance schedule - what needs replaced, when and the mileage / time limits.  I found their every 10k intervals and what's included, but that tends to lack some things. 

Do any of you know if there is such thing as 'Lexus Genuine Oil'?  I know there is Toyota stuff, from dealers in Toyota branded bottles. Now, I know as they share so much, a Toyota oil would be pretty much identical to Lexus oil if it exists... especially with this 1.8 Hybrid being in plenty of Toyota's... BUT, if I'm buying it from Lexus might as well get the Lexus bottle.  (ps, I know this will be made by one of the big oil companies but I'm happy to pay for it). By chance, do any of you use dealer services or parts / fluids? 

Hey all, spoke to my Lexus dealer today (not who I’m buying it from btw). @Malc1 they gave me the full service history! 

Years 1-3 Lexus serviced. All good. according to schedule. 

4-6 it came to NI. Sold and bought back and resold via the Toyota dealership I’m trading into now for it.  Their service is logged on the Lexus system but they used Castrol oil. I see Toyota / Lexus part numbers so I’m hoping it was all genuine parts. Spark plugs were done. 

I’m going to be booking services 7-8-9 (24-25-26) with Lexus for the relax warranty from mid this year onward. Plus coolant, brake fluid, wipers etc on top initially. 

so, the engine air filter according to Lexus says 30k / 4 years. Can 4 years really be okay? Seems very long. Always treated this as an annual thing on all my cars to date. Is it a hybrid difference? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Placed a big order last week with Lexus Direct Parts, all being well, it'll come tomorrow and I'll be doing the following jobs: 

• Oil & Filter change
  • Coolant replacement
  • Transmission fluid replacement
  • Engine air filter replacement
  • Pollen / cabin filter replacement
  • Brake fluid replacement 
  • Air conditioning system clean
  • Fuel system clean
  • Paint stone chip touch up 
  • Spark plugs replaced

Quite a 'complete service' incoming for the car. I can't be sure after that initial three years what was done.. to what standard and what parts were used. I doubt it was genuine fluids. It's unclear if they 'topped up' brake fluid or properly replaced it etc... as that said dealer I bought the car from did lie to me on my last car about changing brake fluid I thought why take the chance.. for a few £. They allegedly also changed the spark plugs but did they? and did they use genuine parts.. probably not. Why chance it? 

This will set it right. Then I plan to most likely take it to Lexus for the Relax warranty for the last 2/3 eligible years. 

I am tempted to video each of these jobs and put it up on YouTube as a how-to or just a follow along video. 

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links