Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

330D/335D Insurance

Ridiculous costs being in East london. 1800 for the 335D even with me having max NCB protected and having 17 years of driving under my belt with 0 claims.

The IS250 is around 500 now its going up every year.

Factoring in the extra insurance and hoping to save fuel while getting some power is not worth it even after the lower tax, lower resident permit, 10p a litre off the fuel as I currently use E5.

Not worth it is it considering I probably will end up with bigger bills than the Lex (it didn't really have any).

Same cars are around half of that in areas much out of London. Oh the perks of living in these areas.

1 hour ago, Ozzay said:

Ridiculous costs being in East london. 1800 for the 335D even with me having max NCB protected and having 17 years of driving under my belt with 0 claims.

The IS250 is around 500 now its going up every year.

Factoring in the extra insurance and hoping to save fuel while getting some power is not worth it even after the lower tax, lower resident permit, 10p a litre off the fuel as I currently use E5.

Not worth it is it considering I probably will end up with bigger bills than the Lex (it didn't really have any).

Same cars are around half of that in areas much out of London. Oh the perks of living in these areas.

Not good news.

If you come up North, insurance gets worse.

As mentioned before in another thread. Locality does not pay anymore, so if you have to elsewhere the existing company will not help and do a better deal, in fact they prefer new customers!

9 hours ago, Newbie777 said:

Not good news.

If you come up North, insurance gets worse.

As mentioned before in another thread. Locality does not pay anymore, so if you have to elsewhere the existing company will not help and do a better deal, in fact they prefer new customers!

I saw some guy on TikTok say make a new account on comparison websites. I will try that approach. Up North? Thought it gets cheaper

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ozzay said:

I saw some guy on TikTok say make a new account on comparison websites. I will try that approach. Up North? Thought it gets cheaper

Hi Ozzay,

Great hope you can save loads.

Sadly not, crazy claim cultute, mnority ruining it for all of us.

• Like 1

Even in the North of England the insurance costs are very dependent on local postcodes. 25% higher in greater Manchester than Lancashire, probably due to historic issues with increased crime, this has always been the case.  So a 2 mile address difference can mean a large increase.

I dread the insurance renewal coming up in April when I hopefully take it out of Winter SORN.   Major Service £1000, MOT £50, Insurance £ 700+? Tax £730. Totals about £2500.  Is it going to be worth it? Are we being priced off the roads for some political reason? I am having serious doubts that the IsF will ever be used in anger again and stay in the warm cosy garage to be mollycoddled.🥲

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GMB said:

Even in the North of England the insurance costs are very dependent on local postcodes. 25% higher in greater Manchester than Lancashire, probably due to historic issues with increased crime, this has always been the case.  So a 2 mile address difference can mean a large increase.

I dread the insurance renewal coming up in April when I hopefully take it out of Winter SORN.   Major Service £1000, MOT £50, Insurance £ 700+? Tax £730. Totals about £2500.  Is it going to be worth it? Are we being priced off the roads for some political reason? I am having serious doubts that the IsF will ever be used in anger again and stay in the warm cosy garage to be mollycoddled.🥲

Insurance should be cheaper here as we do not have criminals merely liberators of unsecured assets.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Boomer54 said:

Insurance should be cheaper here as we do not have criminals merely liberators of unsecured assets

Sounds a bit like those lovely sweet Post office investigators. It's good to see them get a taste of their own medicine.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Newbie777 said:

Sorry but you're wrong. Insurance companies now Must give renewal quotes at the same time a new customer would get a quote for. It's now law

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Sorry but you're wrong. Insurance companies now Must give renewal quotes at the same time a new customer would get a quote for. It's now law

So I have no chance then. 

I will carry on enjoying the IS250 then.

• Like 1

Yes. A tough choice. The 335d is a fabulous car and one I've kind of wanted for the past 15 or so years. But the is250 overall is a better car and will outlast the beemer. Enjoy your is250. I miss mine terribly. 

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Yes. A tough choice. The 335d is a fabulous car and one I've kind of wanted for the past 15 or so years. But the is250 overall is a better car and will outlast the beemer. Enjoy your is250. I miss mine terribly. 

I drove the 335 coupe for close on 10 years. Lovely car, but I prefer the SC430.

I think the postcode makes all the difference, I live in a TD postcode and my RCF daily costs £450 a year to insure….

It’s all relative however, average income in this area of the world is far lower than cities so can imagine it’s horses for courses when it all comes out in the wash….

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links