Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus 450h Tacuma Stolen - Surrey- 2024 Warning

4 hours ago, peniole said:

There's also one report on here that the plates were circumvented.

Also one post that stated there was a newer improved version, but I don't believe this has been verified.

On 1/11/2024 at 6:32 PM, luckyduck said:

I am still waiting to get my canbus fitted - in the meantime I am using a good old Halfords sourced crook lock on the steering wheel - clearly visible and an extra deterrent - on top of this the car is always double locked - if they can still get away wiht my pride and joy, then I know I have done all I can.

Have a look at the Rewire security DB2 Robb..For the money its an additional bit of security as the lexus app does not properly track your car....Cheers !!!

On 4/30/2024 at 7:57 AM, larryadler said:

Dan, mine were fitted months ago, but, apart from tracker( which is pretty pointless these days) none of the security devices are Thatcham approved, and make no difference whatsoever to your insurance premium!

Yeah, as the canbus tin plates are just, errr, tin plates they won’t be Thatcham approved and therefore no insurer will take them into account - this is the same as the Ghost type immobilisers - they’re not categorised under the Thatcham system.
Unless EVERY single at-risk Lexus is protected AND theft rates go down AND insurers and the press and the public realise ANY Lexus is at no more risk than another manufacturers car we’re ALL stuck with insurers pricing in the high likelihood of theft, together with the resultant knock on effect on resale values.

The only way that’ll happen is via Lexus’s ‘imminent’ solution (stop laughing at the back) protecting every affected car in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, larryadler said:

So we are all destined for a Dacia Andy 😂🤣😂🤣

No, we’re destined for a class action court case unless Lexus pull their fingers out of their Sanderos.

• Haha 1

No room on the streets of London Dan, they’re booked in advance with Israel and Palestine demo’s 🥴

• Haha 1

I have just e:mailed Lexus asking if the promised security fixes are indeed imminent and if they will make far more difficult for an RX4 to be stolen.  I'm not holding my breath.

On 4/30/2024 at 12:51 PM, Spock66 said:

Also one post that stated there was a newer improved version, but I don't believe this has been verified.

I know personally where the plates have deterred 2 thefts but if someone is that determined, have the time, the tools and are willing to attempt to take it they will try.

Plates are quite literally, a sticking plaster.  No issue for a determined thief.  They'll work it out soon enough.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links