Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery issue any thought?

Hello,

Today, took my car to Halfords for a dashcam (Nextbase 522gw) front and back fit.

Left the car with them.

Received a call about 1 hour later, done front and just finishing off back (fit on rear shelf,due to blinds) but Battery has gone flat?

Went over and nothing works, but see engine management light on dash and headlight light on, but can't start, no power to door or boot etc.

Asked and Halfords don't have the Battery but Lexus do at £369 with next day delivery, apparently it is an AGM Battery with a sensor? Not good news.

All work was done, asked Halfirds autocentre to jump start, he had a small hand held Battery pack and it started up, no errors or lights.

Got home and out with trickle charge, 2 lights it works (2 mins) , 3 lights 80% (5 mins) and 4 lights 90% (5 mins).

So all okay so far will monitor over next few days and will use code reader timorrow

My concern is what did the Halford guy do? Some thing with fuses, shortened something?

19 minutes ago, Newbie777 said:

Today, took my car to Halfords for a dashcam (Nextbase 522gw) front and back fit.

Left the car with them.

Just FYI I have the same 522 camera front and rear and have no issues whatsoever. All works fine and it does not drain the Battery at all.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GMB said:

Just FYI I have the same 522 camera front and rear and have no issues whatsoever. All works fine and it does not drain the battery at all.

Thanks GMB

I think I may be okay but being on the safe side I will invest in a small handheld jump starter.

Just need to find how it happened that's all.

54 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

How old is your existing battery you’re thinking to replace ?

Go on to the GSF website to check out their price for your replacement battery maybe 🤔 

Malc 

Hi Malc 

It could be the original, it's a Panasonic!

Yes I will do. I am sure they will be cheaper than Lexus

8 hours ago, dandydons said:

Maybe Halfords did the work with the doors open / interior lights being left on and drained battery? 

Thanks.

That could be what happened, would have thought the lights switch off after a while

That is bad news about the state of my Battery though, if that is the case.

Will get a voltmeter to check further.

Which car are you talking about? Malc mentioned a GSF yet your profile states a LS600h.

Either way your nexbase, if correctly wired, will Not drain your cars Battery. Not even if wired to be on all the time.

• Like 1

You Could possibly be Right Kevin..Dosen,t take much to Drain these Batteries..Also hope he gets the Correct Battery for the Car as it has a tube which connects to the car which monitors Battery Temperature...Local Dealership would be the best place for that information..!!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Which car are you talking about? Malc mentioned a GSF yet your profile states a LS600h.

Either way your nexbase, if correctly wired, will Not drain your cars battery. Not even if wired to be on all the time.

Sorry about the confusion it is a Ls600hl, I thought GSF was German Swedish French car parts.

10 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

You Could possibly be Right Kevin..Dosen,t take much to Drain these Batteries..Also hope he gets the Correct Battery for the Car as it has a tube which connects to the car which monitors Battery Temperature...Local Dealership would be the best place for that information..!!!!

In the 3 months of ownership never had an issue with Battery, even in colder weather.

More than happen yo buy it directly from Lexus and noother place. But only if necessary, at the moment no issue with Battery. So still wondering if the doors left open would drain the Battery so much?

Also the dashcam works with engine running, so no concerns on Battery drain.

The normal 12v car batteries I've bought from Lexus have always been keenly priced to a Motor Factor's

Malc 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

The normal 12v car batteries I've bought from Lexus have always been keenly priced to a Motor Factor's

Malc 

I meant of course from the Toyota spares dept nearby !   with free coffee as they free-fit the replacement battery 

Malc

• Like 2

On 1/12/2024 at 4:14 PM, Malc1 said:

I meant of course from the Toyota spares dept nearby !   with free coffee as they free-fit the replacement battery 

Malc

Hello,

Battery still going good no starting issues whatsoever.

Will need to find my electrical tester and check Battery and also when started.

For me just going a buying a new Battery is not the solution or the first option that comes to my head, this should be the last resort. 

Obviously if you get signs. Like Battery symbol or some fault lights just appearing, that can also point to a faulty Battery.

However  I know batteries start to discharge as soon as they are produced and not when they are purchased and it is a wear and tear item, so does nota last forever.

OK Battery tester out today.

12.3v normal, 14.1v when started. Perfect! No replacement needed.

Do not know what Halfords did to drain it so fast.

Anyway Lexus does not let me down so still smiling.

New Battery tester and portable jump starter on its way, already have the trickle charger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dandydons said:

Good stuff . They might also have had the radio on as well as the interior lights . One hour of that I would think would drain most batteries. 

Oh I didn't think that would be the case as you can't have radio on without starting the car?

1 hour ago, Newbie777 said:

Oh I didn't think that would be the case as you can't have radio on without starting the car?

Sure, you can put it into Acc mode by pressing the start button without a foot on the brake pedal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Sure, you can put it into Acc mode by pressing the start button without a foot on the brake pedal.

Oh thank you did not think of that and looks like we have the answer!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links