Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hot 🔥 LBX ....maybe !!

16 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

I'm not sure I'd describe it as weedy, I enjoy the RCF but when I get in the GR after just driving the RCF the last thing I'd ever think is weedy. In fact my thoughts about two minutes into the drive is 'Jesus this things so alive'.

Which is why it needs to be light not lardy, considering most GR Yaris owners go on track and embarrass far bigger engined cars a lot of the time the engine does seem to be typically 'bombproof' which is what we have grown to expect from Toyota/Lexus

The eternal quest is to make the ISF as light as possible for this exact reason. Lexus make 'lardy' cars, so I can't imagine that will change with this new attempt. It'll have the numbers, look the part, but will need some weight loss to be truly enjoyed, especially if they're trying to put it in the same bracket as the GR Yaris (which it won't match).

Personally I'd love to see Lexus capitalise on their RCF GT win and go down a similar route with the F range, as Toyota have with the GR, but all hope for another decent sporty car from Lexus vanished when they went all SUV in Europe, bar the sluggish and Titanic sized ES.

I do live in hope though!

• Like 1

If they bring it to the UK, and it is a big if, this will be the first new Lexus that I've been seriously interested in since the RCF debut. 

The IS500 would have been a contender, but didn't come here of course. 

My views are mixed. On one hand this looks cool and I'm so happy Lexus are talking about "driver engagement", which hopefully isn't just a buzzword but has real substance behind it. Is Morizo just the name of the concept, or could it be new branding for cars which are focused more on fun than outright performance (separating them from F cars).

The cynical side of me is just expecting a heavier, automatic-only GR Corolla (it does seem to be based on the Corolla platform). Hopefully they can inject the right character into it, they need to look at what Acura did to separate the Integra Type S from the Civic Type R.

44 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

it does seem to be based on the Corolla platform

Lexus hasn’t confirmed but it appears to just be the standard LBX/Yaris Cross platform not Corolla. 

• Like 1

Okay, I had no idea there was an LBX/Yaris Cross until just now. And Morizo editions of other cars already exist, so clearly I don't know what I'm talking about. 😄

So it's a CUV. I guess it will still feel pretty peppy as long as the weight isn't out of control.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links