Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hot 🔥 LBX ....maybe !!

Me as well ....think Lexus need to keep the F blood line alive and this would tick quite a few boxes for those of us in the F fold me thinks.

A japanese mag famous for its accurate predictions/ leaks hinted that a small hot Lexus was on the horizon. I think also the fact the GR Yaris just had its midlife update, which now will include an auto option, for this to then be teased isn't just coincidence!

• Like 2

Interestingly, doesn’t seem to integrate some of the design cues used in previous F-cars such as the quad exhaust and front wing vents.  Wonder what this could be badged as, and how it’s actually expected to sell by Lexus….

Doubt it would have quad exhausts, as that's the privilege of the V8, with it being a 1.6 3 pot the triple exhaust of the GR Corolla (US) would be a good compromise.

I guess it would depend on how much it weighs, I can vouch for this being a fantastic engine performance wise in the 1200 odd Kilo GR Yaris but if it turns out to be a lardy fat thing like most modern cars then it may be a bit disappointing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

I guess it would depend on how much it weighs, I can vouch for this being a fantastic engine performance wise in the 1200 odd Kilo GR Yaris but if it turns out to be a lardy fat thing like most modern cars then it may be a bit disappointing. 

The whole F range is overweight because they won't compromise on comfort, so I'd imagine the same with this. It's not to say it won't be nice and fun, just not GR Yaris fun.

• Like 1

I doubt it would be a full F-car, probably come under the 'F performance' bracket...

I would consider it as a peppy little lux run around, now just to get a bigger garage for all these cars I want to buy! 😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

The GR Yaris is around 150 kg more than a standard Yaris. If you assume the same then as a standard Yaris Cross/LBX weigh up to 1,360 kg, it would put a GR version at 1,510 kg - for a manual version. The new auto box apparently only weighs 20 kg more than the manual on the new GR Yaris.

It would therefore keep the 200:1 power/weight ratio that the old GR Yaris has (new one is now better than this).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The GR Yaris is around 150 kg more than a standard Yaris. If you assume the same then as a standard Yaris Cross/LBX weigh up to 1,360 kg, it would put a GR version at 1,510 kg - for a manual version. The new auto box apparently only weighs 20 kg more than the manual on the new GR Yaris.

It would therefore keep the 200:1 power/weight ratio that the old GR Yaris has (new one is now better than this).

Keep in mind though that LBX has 300bhp, rather than 274

I wonder if ever made, what the price tag would be, everything becoming uber expensive!

I love Mr Toyoda, massive respect for what he has put into Toyota/ Lexus and definitely a one of a kind.

I hope the new auto transmission from the new GR is available on these, because when I've been given a courtesy car whilst my RCF is in for a service I've always been given a brand new Lexus SUV with that bloody awful CVT transmission. 

I always take the courtesy car and drive straight home and leave it there unmoved then drive back, fortunately I don't loose the will to live with only a 20 mile journey.

Personally I would prefer to see it electric or V8, putting such a weedy engine in a Lexus seems a bit weird, but from a reliability point of view it seems flat out wrong.

I would hope they just make it an F-Sport like they did with the IS500, as like with the 500 it would probably damage the F badge.

8 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I guess it would depend on how much it weighs

Well the standard LBX is 1280KG for the FWD version and 1415KG for the AWD version, and that has a load of batteries weighing it down.  So even though the sporty one will have a slightly heavier engine and a sporty body kit it should come in under those numbers whichever powertrain Lexus use.

5 minutes ago, ubersonic said:

Personally I would prefer to see it electric or V8, putting such a weedy engine in a Lexus seems a bit weird, but from a reliability point of view it seems flat out wrong.

I would hope they just make it an F-Sport like they did with the IS500, as like with the 500 it would probably damage the F badge.

I'm not sure I'd describe it as weedy, I enjoy the RCF but when I get in the GR after just driving the RCF the last thing I'd ever think is weedy. In fact my thoughts about two minutes into the drive is 'Jesus this things so alive'.

Which is why it needs to be light not lardy, considering most GR Yaris owners go on track and embarrass far bigger engined cars a lot of the time the engine does seem to be typically 'bombproof' which is what we have grown to expect from Toyota/Lexus

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links