Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mossy's SC430

Mossypossy

28 minutes ago, Bob King said:

I keep a mechanics style seat cover on my drivers seat most of the time….

Cream is so unforgiving !

https://www.halfords.com/baby-and-child/car-seat-travel-accessories/car-seat-covers-protection/halfords-seat-protectors---front-pair-668462.html

Does this cover the side airbags in the seats?

23 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Does this cover the side airbags in the seats?

I would think most genuine mechanics seat covers would do, generally they are only used when the vehicle is static in the workshop .

My usage is when working on the car at home .

• Like 1

Mossypossy - blue stain:-

Have you tried the following,

Use a good branded leather cleaner (I use autoglym) and brush into a foam with fine bristle leather type brush. Leave for at least a minute then clean off with a clean cloth rinsed in clean water – repeat as necessary. Wait until dry or speed up drying with hair dryer.

6 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

That will do.

IMG_20240305_094701.jpg

That leather dye is great stuff…..give yourself a pat on the back 👍🏻

How many coats did it need ?

…and is the dinning table you are working on 😮😮

7 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

About 6 coats!

My wife did notice something on the dining room table!

😁😁
The dye is definitely thinner than the last bottle I bought, last car only needed 1-2 coats to cover up the wear.

37 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

That will do.

IMG_20240305_094701.jpg

Good job. Wierdly I noticed a very small blue mark on the XK passenger seat back. Probably biro ink so I will be doing something similar very soon. Was that scuff paste specifically matched to your ecru ,or does it work across ecru on most models?

It has a push lug on the top of the plug, bit fiddly need to push lug and pull out connector at the same time .

Boot lamps will have a similar plug clip ..maybe look at one of them first to familiarise yourself with a clip.

All out.

Little puddles in both rear corner recesses under little corner pockets. Pushed out a grommet to release water.

Presume is a rear light cluster out to clean water channels?

IMG_20240306_115816.jpg

30 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

All out.

Little puddles in both rear corner recesses under little corner pockets. Pushed out a grommet to release water.

Presume is a rear light cluster out to clean water channels?

IMG_20240306_115816.jpg

When the rear lamps are removed , there will be a big lump of wet muck around the clip in the channel .

I also found the white push clips the lamps locate into.. drip water into boot  .

Lets wait for the shot of the exhaust system on the bed !. Fast forward to divorce proceedings and the court hearing from his wife 'that's one emission too far'.

• Haha 1

Rear lights off. No gunge but a bit of dust and spider webs! Seems very dry under light clusters. I see the white clips have a rubber washer...one has deteriorated.

Anywhere else that water can get in there?

9 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Rear lights off. No gunge but a bit of dust and spider webs! Seems very dry under light clusters. I see the white clips have a rubber washer...one has deteriorated.

Anywhere else that water can get in there?

Not at the back end.

could check aerial in dry .

high level brake light gasket is becoming more common to leak, would show up as a damp cover under the boot .

as your car is garages young not going to see much .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links