Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wayward Satnav display

I wonder if anyone has experienced this and has a solution? I normally select 3 sections for the satnav display. Audio (manditory), Map and Drive source(engine/battery) with no issues for years. Recently the Nav system has taken upon itself to randomly display a Compass instead of Map. I don't know what to expect each time I switch on. Will it be Map or Compass. There doesn't even appear to be an option to select Compass for display. Any Ideas? Thanks

• Confused 1

On 1/14/2024 at 4:08 PM, Ian2015 said:

I wonder if anyone has experienced this and has a solution? I normally select 3 sections for the satnav display. Audio (manditory), Map and Drive source(engine/battery) with no issues for years. Recently the Nav system has taken upon itself to randomly display a Compass instead of Map. I don't know what to expect each time I switch on. Will it be Map or Compass. There doesn't even appear to be an option to select Compass for display. Any Ideas? Thanks

Ian,

I have the same vehicle as you. I have had a look and I think there are two ways to get back to the Map view...

1) go to Navigation > Menu > Map Configuration. (the small menu option at the bottom of the navigation screen if you already have the nav/compass displayed). You will be given 3 options (currently yours is set on Compass). Try either "Single Map" or "Dual Map" (I think Single Map is the default option).

2) use the voice command button on your steering wheel. Say "single map mode"  or "dual map mode".

Good luck.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. I am not sure if this will cure the car's random display. Today we drove to lunch - compass displayed. After lunch we drove home - map displayed. No input from me. Really strange!

• Confused 1

On 1/17/2024 at 7:33 PM, Ian2015 said:

Thanks, I'll give that a go. I am not sure if this will cure the car's random display. Today we drove to lunch - compass displayed. After lunch we drove home - map displayed. No input from me. Really strange!

Oh wow, that is strange. Two more thoughts.. 

1) at least you should be able to switch it back more quickly

2) something I’ve seen recently on a YouTube video, is there a usb cable or something else that is near / over the touchpad? It is very sensitive and can move / select things very easily. If so, try moving the object and/or reducing the sensitivity of the touchpad.

good luck.

Hi. I tried that but it was already on single map mode. I think there is a glitch somewhere as the other day a large area of the map I was travelling in showed no roads at all. As of today it appears to be behaving. I recall some time ago, just before a run, I tried a software update. I think the problems started there as I had to use my TomTom - I'll try to do a manufacturers reset if I can figure out how. Thanks for your input.

Good luck Ian. I hope the reset works. Or you could try and run the software update again?

I recall when I applied a software update in my NX300h a few months ago, it seemed stop the unit working (well not much sign of life). But as soon as I locked the vehicle and turned it back on, the infotainment / satnav etc was back to normal.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links