Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery 2000ct

I'd recommend you never just use Accessory mode when sitting in the vehicle, always put it in Ready mode and let the petrol engine cut in/out as needed. That way the hybrid system is providing the power to the vehicle and charging the 12v Battery.

• Like 2

Yes, as above, keep it in Ready. The system will manage the charging - even accounting for cold winter weather etc. you don’t need to worry if you do that 

• 2 weeks later...

The accessory Battery on these cars is the only fly in the ointment for me and very confusing. When I first bought the car and it had been stood for a week I noticed it would drop to low 12v or high 11v so I took it into Lexus and asked them to fit a new Battery for me, they raised their eyebrows a little but as I was paying did it anyway. 

I have a voltage indicator fixed in the accessory holder and a ctek comfort lead in the boot for easy charging. There was only slightly improved readings with the new Battery fitted.  And now after 5 plus years the readings are usually around high 11v after a few days standing. Lexus health checked the Battery at last service but said it was good to go lol! I also invested in an amp clamp to see if I could find a discharge in the system when off but nothing found, I also have a Battery condition meter which shows it ok but usually in need of charge.

On the plus side with the car off and a reading at low 11v once put into ready mode there is an instant up reading to around 14.9v and after a short drive an off reading of 12.5 volts that again disappears over a few days. Still never let me down and I give it a Ctek treat if it's going to be stood for a while and have a Battery booster pack in the car should it ever be needed and with Battery 6 years old next service will throw another on anyway and go again😄

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links