Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus GS450h,auto mirror fold when lock finally retrofitted

https://www.veed.io/view/48fc5046-c71a-40ac-9850-2ae958a8de50?panel=share

Video in action.

Thanks to @Toyoda for inspiration lol

There's still more research needs to be done for 2005-2007,but i managed to source the info on how to get the auto fold retrofit on facelifts. 

Sadly, there's no option for LHD cars as far as i can tell as this only works on RHD. 

With some soldering skills and patience it might be possible to get it working on LHD cars, but its obviously aint that straight forward 

To do this you'll need a new drop down buttons tray. Part No :84870-30860. Youll have to source it from Japan as panels with this part No been fitted to JDM cars only. 

You will lose headlights washer button as in Japan HID headlights does not require to have washers. (automatic headlight washing still works, you only lose manual option ,so its all legal for M.O.T)

After receiving the new part is pretty much straight forward swap ,no coding required. 

There is other part no. options to choose from, and they all differs by the options available with the car. As ex. no sunshade ,no parking sensors etc. The part number above is for japanese ''fully loaded'' GS,so its got all the buttons apart manual headlights washer as i mentioned above. 

Expect to pay around £210 all included.  Takes about 3 weeks to arrive. At least from amayama.com ,that's where i got mine. 

IMPORTANT part to note ,part number provided is for the cars that buttons to open the fuel door and boot lid has already been relocated below the drop down panel. For cars that got bootlid/fuel door on the drop down panel, theres different part number,sadly i cannot provide one as im not 100% sure myself yet,but retrofit for those are possible as well.

It only works for RHD cars obviously, as part is from JDM. For LHD im not aware of any options to be honest, maybe resoldering the smt type controller from JDM part would work for LHD cars ,i dont know, just shooting in the dark here. 

If someone needs more info on this,ill happy to answer if i happen to know the answer 🙂 

(Picture with JDM part installed )

20240119_173108.jpg

• Thanks 1

I have a JDM Toyota Celsior (LS430) which has the auto folding mirrors which fold in and out with the ignition switch position.

Does the GS450h not have this feature or is this just to convert it to fold the mirrors in and out when locking/unlocking?

6 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I have a JDM Toyota Celsior (LS430) which has the auto folding mirrors which fold in and out with the ignition switch position.

Does the GS450h not have this feature or is this just to convert it to fold the mirrors in and out when locking/unlocking?

Euro/US spec GS did not had auto fold from factory ,only LS. Japan market GS got it from around mid 2006 ish, but only in japan. Dont ask me why, because i dont know,thats how they did things i guess. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links