Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

can anybody tell me how to remove and refit the plastic trim piece on the front edge of the rear door? The one on the right rear door on mine doesn’t seem to be clipped in properly, and consequently it’s started to wear through the paint on the car body.

IMG_2427.jpeg

IMG_2428.jpeg

The peice that is obviously proud is part of the upper windowframe inner enclosure .You will need to remove the door card that will then give you access to that part which needs removing and refixing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I fixed it this weekend. The top of that piece of plastic has two small clips which fit into a metal piece in the door. It looks like someone has been into the door before and they just pushed the trim piece in, which bent one of the clips. I was able to straighten it and it seems to work fine now.

You do have to remove a lot of other door trim to get there though:

1. Unclip the plastic behind the inside door release lever to reveal a screw
  2. prise out the window switch / ashtray to reveal another screw (unplug the switch)
  3. remove those two screws and one under the inside door handle
  4. pop out the door card - lots of plastic clips around the edge. Hope you have some spares!
  5. unscrew the screw in the round bumper on the plastic section on the side of the door and then remove that plastic (more clips)
  6. pop out two plastic clips and remove the plastic trim that goes all around the window frame
  7. Pull out the plastic piece near the b pillar - two clips into the door, double sided tape, and the two tiny clips on the top edge
  8. clean everything and remove the remains of the double sided tape from that part, and (for me) straighten the plastic clip on the top edge
  9. replace the double sided tape
  10. put the trim piece back, top edge first
  11. put everything else back in reverse order 

IMG_2465.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links