Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2018 limitations & sport vs sport plus differences

Hi All, looking for some guidance.

How noticeable are the revisions made post 2018 to gearbox and suspension? Does anyone have experience with pre and post? If so, I’d be grateful if you might be willing to try quantify? 

Also, between a sport and sport plus, how noticeable is the inclusion or absence of rear wheel steering and limited slip differential? 

Kindly

I can't comment on on the later suspension revisions but my 2018 LC500 rides pretty comfortably and, of course, you have AVS so you can use Comfort Mode if you want.

Regarding the Sport Plus additions, I have driven cars both with and without the LSD and RWS. On the road there is precious little difference that I could detect. If you want to take the car on the track then you might get an improvement to lap times.  Versus the LSD, the traction control takes care of wheelspin and do you really want to drift round roundabouts on the public highway?

Lexus seem to introduce suspension and ecu changes almost every new model year. Biggest change on the suspension according to Savagegeese on YT was the 2021 ally suspension change from steel - but would you notice? The rws might be noticeable and the lsd is useful but whether you’d spot the other changes I’m not sure. It’d take a lot of back to back driving.

3 hours ago, eightk said:

Biggest change on the suspension according to Savagegeese on YT was the 2021 ally suspension change from steel - but would you notice?

Lowering the unsprung mass of a vehicle can be noticeable, not just on track but on the road too. Whether this is the case for this revision would need a back to back test to properly confirm.

On 1/25/2024 at 10:06 PM, Pty123 said:

Hi All, looking for some guidance.

How noticeable are the revisions made post 2018 to gearbox and suspension? Does anyone have experience with pre and post? If so, I’d be grateful if you might be willing to try quantify? 

Also, between a sport and sport plus, how noticeable is the inclusion or absence of rear wheel steering and limited slip differential? 

Kindly

Hi 

I have a 69 Sport plus

you can definitely notice rear wheel steer , as a longish car it is very easy backing in and out of spaces.

not sure about the other things as I have only driven mine.

Winston

Personally, having driven both RWS and non RWS, I wouldn't buy a car without it. The turn in is so much more crisp and makes the car feel much smaller than it is.

Is there a classified section for this forum? I’m ready to buy but there are so few of these cars on the market. 

I wasn't really looking to buy just yet, but they come up so rarely that I grabbed a top spec one when it did.  

Just keep an eye on both Autotrader and the main Lexus site as many main dealers don't list on AT. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links