Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New Luxury Milk Float

I was poking around getting an idea for what I wanted to swap out my '15 Suzuki Swift Sport for and once again came round to the idea of a CT. Plenty of looked after cars around at reasonable prices and then accidentally came across a very nice dealer car. High end of the prices but well worth it. One 550mile round trip later and I got myself a very tidy 1 owner car.

2020 F-Sport in Deep Blue with black leather and 12k on the clocks
Tech, Convenience, and Leather packs
Premium Nav and 10 speaker
Fresh full service and MOT
Catloc fitted by the dealer when they took it in.
Full tank of fuel (they accidentally filled it)

I hadn't driven one of these since my days valet parking some 7 years ago and the salesman was quite surprised I still knew where every switch and fiddly bit was and more so that I was quite happy just to get in it and go without any sort of test drive. Feels built like an absolute tank and incredibly comfortable for the ride home.

I got around 56mpg on the way home with the aircon on and doing 70mph. That used to be diesel territory on a good day. And 10mpg more than my previous car on the trip up. Will be interesting to see how it stacks up with my normal commute driving.

photo_0005.jpg

photo_0034.jpg

photo_0035.jpg

• Like 8

18 hours ago, MedicalFlyer said:

I was poking around getting an idea for what I wanted to swap out my '15 Suzuki Swift Sport for and once again came round to the idea of a CT. Plenty of looked after cars around at reasonable prices and then accidentally came across a very nice dealer car. High end of the prices but well worth it. One 550mile round trip later and I got myself a very tidy 1 owner car.

2020 F-Sport in Deep Blue with black leather and 12k on the clocks
Tech, Convenience, and Leather packs
Premium Nav and 10 speaker
Fresh full service and MOT
Catloc fitted by the dealer when they took it in.
Full tank of fuel (they accidentally filled it)

I hadn't driven one of these since my days valet parking some 7 years ago and the salesman was quite surprised I still knew where every switch and fiddly bit was and more so that I was quite happy just to get in it and go without any sort of test drive. Feels built like an absolute tank and incredibly comfortable for the ride home.

I got around 56mpg on the way home with the aircon on and doing 70mph. That used to be diesel territory on a good day. And 10mpg more than my previous car on the trip up. Will be interesting to see how it stacks up with my normal commute driving.

photo_0005.jpg

photo_0034.jpg

photo_0035.jpg

Nice car. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Well done on your new purchase Pete and welcome to the LOC! You'll love the CT and soon will get obsessed by lovingly looking after it! It's a great all rounder and the Lexus dealership network is a winner too!👍🏾

• Like 1

Enjoy, dealer keeps trying to get me to upgrade mine, but most of them are similar or higher mileage and don't look any cleaner. Plus the 2014 stays rego free. Mines a keeper and owes me nowt,

• Like 1

Had it ceramic coated as part of the prep when I bought it so hopefully keeping it clean will be a bit easier. Just need a nice dry day to get it properly washed and gone over with some of the supplied detailing stuff.

With the warranty and being a Toyota which are all virtually immortal if looked after I'm looking forward to the next few years of trundling round in it.

When the time comes to settle up on it I will be stuck for what I'd get next if I don't keep it. I can't stand the way a lot of newer cars have gone with all the touch screens and silliness that ensues. And I'd be looking at models I haven't driven 100's or 1,000's of by that point. Years of valet driving had its uses.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CT200NI said:

Welcome to the club!  Looks like a stunning example of a CT. Hope you enjoy it 

Thanks. Loving it so far. It's a very nice place to be after driving a truck all day.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MedicalFlyer said:

Thanks. Loving it so far. It's a very nice place to be after driving a truck all day.

Glad to hear it! I came from a 2018 Toyota Avensis which in my head, was always a comfortable drive if nothing else. Drove to Dublin and back (300 miles) in one day last year in the Avensis, I was wrecked when I got home. Did the same in the CT last month, no trouble at all, no stiff back, no over-tiredness, made a huge different. Quite fun messing with the sport mode etc on the fast roads too. 

Where stopping / slowing was a burden in the Avensis with manual gears and having to slowly build speed back up, in the CT it's effortless and at least, relatively, a lot faster feeling. Definitely a nice place to be. 

Think it must be a sales pitch as when I bought mine they wanted to sell me the ceramic coat and interior protection but I declined, as how do I know the previous owners hadn't had it done, 2 previous by the way.

8 hours ago, Kaptkremmin said:

Think it must be a sales pitch as when I bought mine they wanted to sell me the ceramic coat and interior protection but I declined, as how do I know the previous owners hadn't had it done, 2 previous by the way.

You'll find most dealers try and offer these things as they can make a nice little profit on the addons (think massively overpriced HDMI cables with your new TV in Currys) and generally I wouldn't bother except for the GAP insurance if it's not too pricey. This time around I took the whole lot as it didn't work out too bad with the wheel cover, GAP, SMART repair cover, and ceramic coat.

But with the paint it comes down to the condition it's in at the time. I've seen people try and get older cars PPF'd or ceramic coated and come back annoyed when they've been told the paint needs fixing up first after years of swirl marks and usual wear and tear. Mine thankfully was pretty much flawless and anything to help keep it that way is worth doing. The Deep Blue is a very nice finish with a lot of fleck and depth to it. None of these things Iast forever so having it reapplied after a couple of years wouldn't be a bad move. You'll probably be able to get the outside done for a good bit less than the dealers at a decent local place.

As with anything it's not a guarantee it will stay that way forever but it has proved to be easier to clean so far. Getting bird droppings off seems to be a lot easier.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links