Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance for LBX

3 hours ago, Tickedon said:

Insure the Box have been around a while, at least since 2020.

interestingly, their policies are also underwritten by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK Ltd, the same company Toyota are a large shareholder in. Which given the connection to Lexus & Toyota insurance that they also underwrite, perhaps explains why they have the car in their lists already.

I have just tried 'Insure the Box' and I couldn't get a quote for an LBX Original Edition.

47 minutes ago, cur666 said:

They are fully aware, that this problem exists...the dealers will have told them.

they want to be I've been on this case for over 6 weeks . my dealer didn't have a clue about it .

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Doug743 said:

I tried this morning to get some quotes and was shocked at the prices given to me! They were between £2,000 and £3,500! Surely this can’t be for a car of this level. I thought my RX was expensive at £800 but compared to the LBX this is very good. My car should be arriving middle April but now reconsidering…

Its more likely due to the lack of information from an insurers point of view and being a brand new model that its artifically elevated to make sure the insurance companies don't lose any money.

Happened once with me when I bought a new Mercedes back in 2003. Was a new model and it didnt exist on the system so essentially just plucked a figure out of thin air

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JohnR07 said:

I’ve since tried some online comparison sites and as yet the only company giving a quote appears to be “insure the box” (need to fit a telematic box) quoting £2679.19.  I normally pay around £400 and was expecting no significant increase with LBX. 

1 hour ago, robsmith115 said:

I have just tried 'Insure the Box' and I couldn't get a quote for an LBX Original Edition.

John noted his quote came via a comparison site. 

8 hours ago, SH20 said:

You know you will need insurance cover immediately so to get the vehicle home why don't you ask them to initiate the 3 day drive home cover Lexus and Toyota dealers offer.   That way you can try and secure cover in the short term while the car is garaged or on your drive. 

I have heard from dealers that Lexus Insurance are now often turning down the "complimentary" 3 day cover, so the owners has to arrange cover themselves before driving away.  Not sure if this applies to LBX, but I heard it is happening even on new NX450h+ for instance.

55 minutes ago, PDM said:

I have heard from dealers that Lexus Insurance are now often turning down the "complimentary" 3 day cover, so the owners has to arrange cover themselves before driving away.  Not sure if this applies to LBX, but I heard it is happening even on new NX450h+ for instance.

Lexus Sheffield have stopped the complimentary insurance it must be the due to the cost .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dog3665 said:

Lexus Sheffield have stopped the complimentary insurance it must be the due to the cost .

I believe all Toyota and Lexus dealers have stopped as of autumn last year. At least that was the message from two separate dealer groups at the time. 

• Like 1

Ok forum, I can report that NFU have just offered me a premium of 524 Pounds for an LBG Premium Design Plus.

Not been able to receive anything from anyone else…( except LMI ) .as the underwriter tables are not populated.

But this beats the LMI quote of 838 Pounds…..so if I proceed with purchase I will most likely use NFU.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I first joined the Lexus Owners Site on Monday the 4 March when I listed the eyewatering quotes that I had obtained Lexus Insurance together with quotes from 2 Comparison sites (both only listing Insure the Box). 

In view of the comments from Jimmyfromlargs listing yesterday about a more sensible quote from NFU I decided today to revisit the Compare the Market site to see if any other insurance companies had joined the site as yet.

I would like to share the findings with you so that you may all have a good laugh.  While Insure the Box is still in first place at an eyewatering £2,764.26 I pleased to note that Toyota Insurance Services have also now joined the list in second place - wait for it - Drum Roll - their new quote is a whopping £7,476.27. 

Is this how Toyota measure the risk factor of the  Lexus LBX?

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, JohnR07 said:

I first joined the Lexus Owners Site on Monday the 4 March when I listed the eyewatering quotes that I had obtained Lexus Insurance together with quotes from 2 Comparison sites (both only listing Insure the Box). 

In view of the comments from Jimmyfromlargs listing yesterday about a more sensible quote from NFU I decided today to revisit the Compare the Market site to see if any other insurance companies had joined the site as yet.

I would like to share the findings with you so that you may all have a good laugh.  While Insure the Box is still in first place at an eyewatering £2,764.26 I pleased to note that Toyota Insurance Services have also now joined the list in second place - wait for it - Drum Roll - their new quote is a whopping £7,476.27. 

Is this how Toyota measure the risk factor of the  Lexus LBX?

The irony hey. Anyone at Toyota awake to it, probably not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnR07 said:

Just to flag, you won’t find NFU on comparison sites - you’ll need to phone them. But lovely quick and efficient service. 

Well I'm holding off finalising my order for a Premium Plus LBX until I can see some sensible quotes on the comparison website sites.

I doubt I am the only potential buyer holding off ordering either!

• Like 2

Robsmith 115  what quote did you get from LIS

Jimmyfrom largs seems to have hit the spot at £524 which seems very good from NFU

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tickedon said:

Just to flag, you won’t find NFU on comparison sites - you’ll need to phone them. But lovely quick and efficient service. 

I've got my insurance with NFU at £600 it's a little pricey but you do get things added that you have to pay extra with other companies . And it's good to speak to actual person who was pleasant and polite .

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tickedon said:

Thanks, I appreciate that NFU is not online however, I have since completed an online insurance quote request with them only to find that they don't cover our area, for what ever reason. I just can’t win! 

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, JohnR07 said:

Thanks, I appreciate that NFU is not online however, I have since completed an online insurance quote request with them only to find that they don't cover our area, for what ever reason. I just can’t win! 

I see you are in Yorkshire, NFU insure many drivers in Yorkshire so not sure why they won’t quote you unless you are in a very high premium area?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SH20 said:

Robsmith 115  what quote did you get from LIS

Jimmyfrom largs seems to have hit the spot at £524 which seems very good from NFU

My quote from Lexus came in at £438 for an original edition 

• Like 2

On 3/7/2024 at 2:59 PM, Expatma said:

I see you are in Yorkshire, NFU insure many drivers in Yorkshire so not sure why they won’t quote you unless you are in a very high premium area?

Just to update you on the NFU situation.  I've spoken directly with the NUF in Sheffield only to be told that our post code district is not included in their business area.  I asked if this was associated with Risk of the area, and I was told no.  They said that the business was based initially on farming in rural areas but if I had other insurance/business with them they would quote me for a motor policy.

Although we have only lived in the current area 4 1/2 years, I have had no issues with insurance for the house, our previous and current cars and in the recent past my motorcycle.  

49 minutes ago, JohnR07 said:

Just to update you on the NFU situation.  I've spoken directly with the NUF in Sheffield only to be told that our post code district is not included in their business area.  I asked if this was associated with Risk of the area, and I was told no.  They said that the business was based initially on farming in rural areas but if I had other insurance/business with them they would quote me for a motor policy.

Although we have only lived in the current area 4 1/2 years, I have had no issues with insurance for the house, our previous and current cars and in the recent past my motorcycle.  

Where I live in North Yorkshire is a rural area and those I know with NFU mostly are/were involved in farming which supports what you were told. Hopefully more insurance options will become available when Insurance companies add the LBX to their quotes. I guess you are paying the price of being an "early adopter"!

Still no quotes available on the Meerkat comparison Web site. Although the LBX is listed and in the drop down box for a week now. Will try again after another 7 days. my collection date is looming.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, GruffaloRider said:

Still no quotes available on the Meerkat comparison Web site. Although the LBX is listed and in the drop down box for a week now. Will try again after another 7 days. my collection date is looming.

I wonder why it is taking so long for quotes to be added? Perhaps the insurance companies think so few policy holders will be interested in the LBX that they are just not treating this as urgent. I am reluctant to confirm an order until I can access some competitive quotes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links