Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How good / bad is the standard stereo in the 2023 NX350h

I've read conflicting things about the sound quality. Is it a Pioneer as I've noted in some Autotrader listings? I kinda wish I'd gone for the ML, but it was out of my price range unfortunately. 

I find the sound quality very good and I have had top quality systems such as Bose in previous vehicles so I can compare. I have adjusted settings such as bass to suit my aged ears and enjoy all music ranging from Classical to Trance. So unless you an avid audiophile I would not worry. Perhaps to satisfy your concerns nip into your local Lexus dealership and have a listen.

• Like 2

Before we decided on the RX we tried an NX F sport with the standard stereo and was appalled by the tinny sound quality. We then tried a Takumi with the ML system and thought it much better. However on returning to the F sport and delving into the settings we found that the balance of the speakers was completely to the front and that the bass was set low. Once corrected it was difficult to discern a noticeable difference between the two. So in essence I agree with Eggie, have a back to back sit in some demo cars and play around with the settings as it does make a significant difference to the sound.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Euroskank said:

I've read conflicting things about the sound quality. Is it a Pioneer as I've noted in some Autotrader listings? I kinda wish I'd gone for the ML, but it was out of my price range unfortunately. 

I have the standard. No issues or complaints. Seems a good bit better than the system in my previous Audi.

• Like 2

I used to have a RX with the ML system and I wasn’t disappointed at all when I heard that the NX F-Sport didn’t have the option of the ML system.

Once set up the I find the standard system sounds just as good as the ML. TBH I never rated the ML system, I think it just a selling point used by Lexus salespeople. To be frank i’d never heard of ML before owning a Lexus

• Like 5

NX300h 2020, so the pensioner here but,
10 speaker Pioneer system loud enough to annoy your neighbours when coming home at night, with a Sub that shifts enough wind to rattle the back window and rear view mirror and all free "standard" (NX version dependant) 

What's not to love?

• Like 1

Excellent, thanks a lot. I suspect the Lexus' superior insulation helps enhance the acoustics. Looking forward to playing my .flac files and also taking my dad for a spin so he can listen to some classical music. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had an IS250 with a pioneer system which was excellent - I then tried a normal NX300h Lux with the standard speaker system and found it underwhelming. 

I have the ML in my NX300h which is good, however, I remember having a 300h on loan from Lexus whilst my IS was in for service and being totally blown away by it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dylanlewis2000 said:

I had an IS250 with a pioneer system which was excellent - I then tried a normal NX300h Lux with the standard speaker system and found it underwhelming. 

I have the ML in my NX300h which is good, however, I remember having a 300h on loan from Lexus whilst my IS was in for service and being totally blown away by it. 

Thanks, so it won't be a Pioneer? 

2 hours ago, Euroskank said:

That was for the series I NX which had three audio grades. The current NX only has two grades, both good quality with separate amps and a sub.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Euroskank said:

According to the online brochure the NX 350h has a 10 speaker Pioneer Audio System.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 5:04 PM, Xez said:

According to the online brochure the NX 350h has a 10 speaker Pioneer Audio System.

Thanks, Lexus Online were not able to confirm if it is the Pioneer just "Audio System with 10 Speakers" so I will just have to wait as I cannot access the car's multimedia manual yet. Quietly confident it'll be good though! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links