Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spacesaver spare wheel for LBX

Has anyone thought about this?  I have made some enquiries,. but the price for all required items is far too excessive.

Will rely on lexus breakdown should we be unfortunate enough to suffer a puncture.

Remembering that RAC cover can often utilise the Spacesaver wheels which the RAC van holds ( if he has any left on board ) which you go to the tyre garage with and they hold that Spacesaver for return/ collection by the RAC itself 

Assuming the RAC guy has any remaining on board at that time 

It’s not just a puncture it’s a pothole tyre write-off these days one has to be wary of 

I don’t know if the Lexus Breakdown you hold covers all this ! 

Good luck

Malc 

22 hours ago, Duggie B said:

Care to share the cost ?

yes the cost will be approx £2000.

There is no space for spare wheel.

Raise the floor, all new panels. wheel and tyre,  jack, wheel brace, wheel nut spanner, spare wheel bolt.

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, P M R said:

Raise the floor, all new panels. wheel and tyre,  jack, wheel brace, wheel nut spanner, spare wheel bolt.

That's just ridiculous !!! Are the tyres run flats as standard or is it a can of gunk and a compressor ?

This thread prompted me to check with my dealer today……

1. There is a puncture repair kit supplier with the car.

2. The tyres are not run flats.

3. No spare no space saver either.

I hope this helps……also not an unusual position for a modern car……

• Like 1

8 hours ago, P M R said:

I don't know how you get to £2000.

I bought a space saver for my RC last year for about £270.It sits on  my boot floor and doesn't slide around.It still leaves ample space for luggage or shopping.And,no,the RC doesn't have a large boot.Was your spare gold or some exotic material?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

I don't know how you get to £2000.

I bought a space saver for my RC last year for about £270.It sits on  my boot floor and doesn't slide around.It still leaves ample space for luggage or shopping.And,no,the RC doesn't have a large boot.Was your spare gold or some exotic material?

I assume it’s for all these bits… “Raise the floor, all new panels. wheel and tyre,  jack, wheel brace, wheel nut spanner, spare wheel bolt.”

someone in the parts department was taking the p*ss. 

The Recovery Breakdown people will have the jack, wheel brace etc so you won't need to buy and store those ....

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

It depends.  If there is an option for an underfloor spacesaver and to do it properly it requires the side panels to be charged, then there’s quite a lot of work involved and with the parts, £2k isn’t unreasonable.   However, if you’re happy with it just placed under the existing floor it could be done a lot cheaper.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links