Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX to RX. what am I getting for my extra 20 grand?

As title says. Thinking of changing my NX to RX mostly because I am a little dissapointed with boot and interior space. So what would i be getting for the extra 20 grand?

15 minutes ago, robby666 said:

So what would i be getting for the extra 20 grand?

You would get a little more boot and interior space 😉

On paper it is a little difficult to justify the price difference between the two these days. Yes the RX is a nicer place to be with a slightly higher spec and improved sound insulation but the main difference used to be the drivetrain and they are the same now (with the NX improved and the RX worse without it's V6).

• Like 3

I think the 5th Gen RX is overpriced, now >£80k for top of the range, you could look for a late 4th Gen (assuming the pending Can Bus fix comes to fruition).

The Mazda CX-60 may also be worth a look, has a large boot.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

You would get a little more boot and interior space 😉

Took the words out of my mouth 😅

I haven't driven one, but the larger model is often "a bit nicer to drive".

Good luck 😀

Firstly on a like for like model basis the differential in mrrp between the NX and the RX is nearer £12k. 

I have just taken delivery of a RX450h+ after 6 years with initially a NX300H followed by a NX450h+. I wasn't really contemplating changing my car as I was well satisfied with the NX450h+ which was 2 years old with c19000 miles on the click but was invited by the dealership to a sales event in February. If an attractive deal was available on a NX450h+ f-sport I would be interested but only with the correct colour/trim and accessory options. Unfortunately nothing was available from UK stock but as I was about to exit the showroom I sat in a RX and was suitably impressed. With an attractive finance package, manufacturers and dealership discounts and incentives the cost difference against an equivalent NX was less than £20 per month!

So that aside, in answer to your question you get a bigger car (strangely looks and feels much, much bigger than the fairly minimal extra dimensions in comparison to the NX), a quieter, more refined cabin, more comfortable seats (possibly the same very comfortable seats of the NX but with extra padding), superior ride thanks to the longer wheelbase  more presence on the road and styling that sets it apart. It also gives a panoramic roof option which wasnt available on the NX450h+. The NX is a fantastic car and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend however the RX is a Lexus that truly wafts along the road and if the 5th generation of this range can replicate the longevity and quality of the previous incarnations then this 5th generation Lexus RX is worth every penny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Ken R said:

So that aside, in answer to your question you get a bigger car (strangely looks and feels much, much bigger than the fairly minimal extra dimensions in comparison to the NX), a quieter, more refined cabin, more comfortable seats (possibly the same very comfortable seats of the NX but with extra padding), superior ride thanks to the longer wheelbase  more presence on the road and styling that sets it apart. It also gives a panoramic roof option which wasnt available on the NX450h+. The NX is a fantastic car and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend however the RX is a Lexus that truly wafts along the road 

Having moved from a RX 4th gen to a NX450 I would agree with every one of your observations Ken, particularly looking and feeling much larger over the NX that the dimensions suggest.
As for the seats I found the them to be a little larger and longer in under thigh area than the NX

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links