Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Squawk - Lexus Bulletin

Hi

Although this topic has been addressed I thought I would share my experience particularly as my local Dealership sent me a copy of the Lexus Bulletin which authorises the repair under warranty.

I purchased an approved used RX 450h and within a few days noticed the dreaded " brake squawk " at low speeds particularly when reversing yet the Dealership failed to diagnose the cause of the issue.

Convinced there was a problem  I phoned several Lexus Dealerships describing the fault and one Service Manager immediateley identified the " brake squawk" arranged for the parts to be ordered and booked the car in for the repair all under warranty which would have cost £3500

So in case this happens to anyone else I have attached a link to the Lexus Bulletin

Hope this may be helpful

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10203537-9999.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TRo said:

Hi

Although this topic has been addressed I thought I would share my experience particularly as my local Dealership sent me a copy of the Lexus Bulletin which authorises the repair under warranty.

I purchased an approved used RX 450h and within a few days noticed the dreaded " brake squawk " at low speeds particularly when reversing yet the Dealership failed to diagnose the cause of the issue.

Convinced there was a problem  I phoned several Lexus Dealerships describing the fault and one Service Manager immediateley identified the " brake squawk" arranged for the parts to be ordered and booked the car in for the repair all under warranty which would have cost £3500

So in case this happens to anyone else I have attached a link to the Lexus Bulletin

Hope this may be helpful

Noted and glad to hear its under was under warranty 🙂 

£3500 sounds extremely expensive for brake work. 

Do you know which parts are due to be replaced / have been replaced?

1 hour ago, HPS13 said:

It's all detailed in the attachment   

4 hours ago, TRo said:

Hi

Hope this may be helpful

Thanks for this. Did you have to pay the usual diagnose fee that dealers charge before they agree there is a fault which will be covered by the warranty?

14 hours ago, HPS13 said:

Hi 

The Service Manager explained that the most expensive part was the brake actuator and the remaining parts plus work undertaken are detailed on the Lexus Bulletin attached to the original post. He also commented that the ECU  had been updated with the latest programme but I am not to sure what specific benefit that has added to the cars performance ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CT200h-TL said:

Thanks for this. Did you have to pay the usual diagnose fee that dealers charge before they agree there is a fault which will be covered by the warranty?

Hi 

No I was very impressed with the response of the Service Manger - I just described over the phone the noise of the "brake squawk " and he explained that he had come across this several times on the RX plus one or two other models  He went to outline that he would order the parts and he phoned me back to arrange to collect the car and undertake the repair - all under warranty. 

After the work was completed and the issue resolved I asked for a copy of the Lexus Bulletin so I could share the information on the Forum in the hope that the document might help another RX driver experiencing the "brake squawk", particularly as it would seem that some Lexus Service Mangers are not aware of the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links