Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Was it you?

Driving down the M60 yesterday I think. Somewhere near Manchester, I was driving towards Cheshire. Spotted what looked like a classic Merc in the distance and thought, 'Oh, looks rather lovely just as a classic Merc should'.

Got closer then realised it had an L on the badge. 'Oh', and then closer inspection confirmed I was looking at (IIRC) an X or Y reg LS400. Beautiful!!

Naturally I couldn't contain myself and gave a little pap of the horn as I overtook carefully. Not satisfied I'd been seen in my less classy LS430, I then proceeded to try and wave (like a moron) with my lights/hazards. If it was you (I think I know who it was), then I'm 😞 sorry...

😊 I get easily excited.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’m quite shocked when I see another Ls400  …….. apart from a coffee buddy on here with another two too 😄

Malc 

Just now, Boomer54 said:

"Two too"?

Put it to music and you've got the pink panther. Are you Davd Niven reincarnated?

Lady at the local craft shop always tells us I remind her of Michael Caine …….. def not David Niven ……. was it a tu tu you’re thinking of ?      Or is that a double at Sainsburys maybe !

Malc 

Whilst driving (I mean, 'cruising') past I took a quick glance. White chap in his 60s or 70s. Well kempt and looking fit for the age, maybe a heart health of closer to 50.

Bald head, probably in cruise control. My horning and excitement probably left him unphased more than anything. From my minds eye (I assumed) he didn't even notice another LS (albeit a common 430) going past in excitement.

Oh well, I guess we'll never know. If you do ever come past on here Mr LS400 driver... 'hello and lovely kept car'. Looked mint ☺️ and the alloys unblemished (I took a glance) at 70mph.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redefined said:

Whilst driving (I mean, 'cruising') past I took a quick glance. White chap in his 60s or 70s. Well kempt and looking fit for the age, maybe a heart health of closer to 50.

Bald head, probably in cruise control. My horning and excitement probably left him unphased more than anything. From my minds eye (I assumed) he didn't even notice another LS (albeit a common 430) going past in excitement.

Oh well, I guess we'll never know. If you do ever come past on here Mr LS400 driver... 'hello and lovely kept car'. Looked mint ☺️ and the alloys unblemished (I took a glance) at 70mph.

Don't apologise for still being able to get excited it's nice that you still can. I had the same(ish) thing with a SC 430 seller. I drove from Preston to Heysham and back ,because I just really wanted to see the car !

• Like 1

Today, coming back to the SC430. As we drove to mums, told the missus that once the kids are out of our hair (12, 9 and 18) we can get a small car. First response was, "but how would you fit your bike". Who cares about the bike I thought as flashes of the SC430 and a Toyota Celica went through my head 😳 

To think that when I got the LS430, I told her that it'll be the last car I ever own.

"To think that when I got the LS430, I told her that it'll be the last car I ever own."

Don't worry, behind every good marriage is a good liar. And of course she didn't believe you for a second.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links