Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2012 Lexus ct200h with 40k miles

Hello, I’m new to the forum so  i don’t know if this is the right sub to post this in but i had a quick question. I found a nice 2012 model of ct200h but i’m worried about it only had 40k miles, given I was told cars should be driven regularly to maintain its performance.
Is it a wise choice to buy one with such low miles compared to its 12 years of age, or should i look for something with a bit more miles (if so, how many miles would be normal for a 12 years CT200h) 
thank you!

It all depends on price and condition really, I bought a 2014 ct200h last year with 45k miles but I wasn't worried as it came with full Lexus history, just had it serviced for it's last year of relax warranty and it now has 10 stamps in the book.

All depends on price, yes cars should be driven regularly, but a 12-year old car with average mileage could be approaching the end of it's economic life for many vehicles.

36 minutes ago, Kaptkremmin said:

It all depends on price and condition really, I bought a 2014 ct200h last year with 45k miles but I wasn't worried as it came with full Lexus history, just had it serviced for it's last year of relax warranty and it now has 10 stamps in the book.

Many thanks for help. I learnt every four years the ct200h needs the full monty service. How much would the full monty service cost, and how much is the annual service cost at Lexus dealership?  Just wondering so I can prepare for it. 

Mine just had it's major service £505 interim is £285 but one of the many things they do on the 10yr service is change the anti freeze, strip and clean the brakes etc, they had the car for over 3 hours and to be fair I probably would have gone to a local garage this time as it would have been much cheaper and I could have done a lot myself, but getting another years warranty speaks for it's self, plus if I was to sell it, it's a selling point as I would sooner buy a car with full main dealer history, they don't cut corners.

59 minutes ago, Kaptkremmin said:

one of the many things they do on the 10yr service

I remember taking my car to a main dealer and I had just topped up the washer bottle to the max. When I got the bill there were lots of boxes ticked ( work really done? - Who knows? ).

On the bill was £2.95 for washer bottle windscreen cleaner fluid. I asked how they could fill it up when it was already full.  They just knocked it off the bill.   Gotcha!😙

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links