Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheels and fitment!

Cola414

Hi everyone,

I’m keen to upgrade my wheels but wondering which other Lexus/Toyota wheels would fit my 2004 SC430?

IMG_0264.png

Most of the other Lexus models wheels will fit except the CT200h and the LS600h which have a different bolt pattern PCD.

The things to check are they obviously need to be 5 stud with a PCD of 114.3 which is equivalent to 4.5” imperial so some Chrysler and other wheels also fit.

The bore needs to be 60.1mm to fit over the hubs but anything over this size can be reduced to this with spigot rings.

Offset is also important into how far the wheels stick in or out and the normal range is 42-47.

If going aftermarket you may also have to replace the type of wheel nuts to cone types.

Link below gives examples.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/lexus/sc/2004/

• Thanks 1

I’m planning to fit 20” wheels to my car and I know some may not agree with that but I love the look of larger wheels on a car!Because I will only drive it occasionally it’s not a problem for me!I think these look amazing?

IMG_0284.png

37 minutes ago, Cola414 said:

I’m planning to fit 20” wheels to my car and I know some may not agree with that but I love the look of larger wheels on a car!Because I will only drive it occasionally it’s not a problem for me!I think these look amazing?

IMG_0284.png

I would agree aesthetically 20” wheels do look better as well as the lowered look. The downside is reduced comfort and being more prone to damage from pot holes, etc. I guess it is what is more important to you as it is your car to do what you want with it. I have read posts in the past where people in the UK have gone for 20” but then went smaller because of the ride. Interesting outside of the UK 20”’ seems to be a popular choice, perhaps the roads are far better. Personally I went from 18” to 19” and to be honest I haven’t noticed any difference in the ride.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bob King said:

What are the dimensions ?

….May need to sort out some wheel nuts 👍🏻

.....and probably some spigot rings if the centre bore is 67.5mm? Very nice looking rims.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

I had 20 inchers on my 450h when I got it.

Hideous ride. But looked the dogs danglies.

Swapped them to original

Yes good for shows and photoshoots but too uncomfortable and risky on most of our roads. I eventually sacrificed a little bit of grip on wide 19s for comfort with the SC rubber. For touring and general use I wouldn't go bigger than 19s. it does make you wonder how harsh the ride is in other marques.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2024 at 5:53 PM, Bob King said:

What are the dimensions ?

….May need to sort out some wheel nuts 👍🏻

Hi Bill,once the wheels arrive I will check the wheel nut fitment!Hope to use the originals!😁

As Steve said earlier in the thread, if they are 67.1mm for Maserati then you need 67.1 to 60.1mm spigot rings to mount the wheels snuggly on the Lexus hub and the bolts should be M14 x1.5. so I think you will need the equivalent tapered nuts to fit them to the Lexus studs. 

Had a quick look at some Maserati specs

• Center Bore / Hub Bore: 67.1 mm
  • Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x114.3 (5x4.5)
  • Wheel Fasteners: Lug bolts
  • Thread Size: M14 x 1.5
SC430
  • Generation: Z40 [2001 .. 2010] 
  • Engine: 4.3 L, 3UZ-FE, V8 , Petrol
  • Center Bore / Hub Bore: 60.1 mm
  • Wheel Fasteners: Lug nuts
  • Thread Size: M12 x 1.5
  • Wheel Tightening Torque: 103 Nm
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Neil E said:

As Steve said earlier in the thread, if they are 67.1mm for Maserati then you need 67.1 to 60.1mm spigot rings to mount the wheels snuggly on the Lexus hub and the bolts should be M14 x1.5. so I think you will need the equivalent tapered nuts to fit them to the Lexus studs. 

Had a quick look at some Maserati specs

• Center Bore / Hub Bore: 67.1 mm
  • Wheel Fasteners: Lug bolts
  • Thread Size: M14 x 1.5
SC430
  • Generation: Z40 [2001 .. 2010] 
  • Engine: 4.3 L, 3UZ-FE, V8 , Petrol
  • Center Bore / Hub Bore: 60.1 mm
  • Wheel Fasteners: Lug nuts
  • Thread Size: M12 x 1.5
  • Wheel Tightening Torque: 103 Nm

Don't you mean the wheel nuts should be M12 if the SC studs are M12?  i am no expert on this but If the Maserati is M14 and a M12 nut is used there will be a little play on the wheel bolt hole and maybe a fraction less metal to metal contact on the cone or taper. I am not sure if that matters or not, otherwise surely it would need the hubs drilled out to take a M14 stud.

• Like 1

Think the spec Neil put up was what each car has as wheel nuts.

The Lexus will be M12 x 1.5 wheel nut thread regardless of wheel fitment.

Tricky bit is finding a M12 x 1.5 that fits down the Maserati slim will nut holes.

The 21mm head original nut won’t fit, so maybe a 19 or 17mm head nut might be required .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bob King said:

Excellent….thats sure filled out the wheel arches 😉

what’s the lock to lock clearance on the front inner wings like ?

No problem at all Bob!I,m very pleased with the result on fitting these!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links