Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Proud to have reached this on my Honda!

b4u2

I don't have any T shirts, they make me look daft in them.😒

24 minutes ago, GMB said:

I don't have any T shirts, they make me look daft in them.😒

On reflection that is probably better than they look daft with you wearing them. 😉

I quite like this one but I would look stupid in it.

Hang On Funny Biker Motorbike Motorcycle T-Shirt Fan Gift Bike Rider Retro Humour Tee T Shirt image 1

webp

• Like 1

Many years I mentioned to a senior work colleague.  ( Rather a know all, big headed fella) I was going to buy a Honda Izzy for the wife to use in the summer.  He replied, “great little open tops they are”. Hmm I said it’s a lawn mower.  True story!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cdmaskell said:

Many years I mentioned to a senior work colleague.  ( Rather a know all, big headed fella) I was going to buy a Honda Izzy for the wife to use in the summer.  He replied, “great little open tops they are”. Hmm I said it’s a lawn mower.  True story!

I know. I've got one. Great little mower! In France I got a sit-on mower with a Kawasaki V twin 750cc engine in it. It was the fastest mower in the department! You could catch pigeons with it! Great fun.

New 2022 Spartan Mowers RZ Pro 54 in. Kawasaki FR691V 23 hp, Bastrop TX ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 2006 Honda Legend all fixed   Replacement radiator from AUTODOC ( Lithuania it seems ) £144 delivered and now FIXED  thankfully 

remember Honda Main Dealer radiator price £995  🥵

Car delivered to my home and keys popped thru the door  Saturday,  unexpectedly, we were out …….. garage all closed up today ( bit odd )  and there’s me with a wedge of £20notes to pay their bill ……. Wonder  how much ? 

Gearbox drain down and refill   Replace the radiator and coolant ……. how much labour etc might it be do you think ?? 

Malc 

Well there we are  .  that new under balance of the  RAC Warranty replacement VARTA Battery, died a death and the garage couldn't get it to hold it's charge over the weeks they've had the car waiting for the replacement radiator ............ so with all the above work they also replaced the Battery ...  £66 ?   I thought I heard him say ! ......  so let's hope that lasts 3 years then ! 

NOW the full works cost me £340 incl the new battery  .....  drain and refill the gearbox and its oil AND he's managed to remove the orange warning lights on the dash about this too after some years .........   The Honda has to go back after a month for another gearbox oil drain and refill he says ...  so that's in the diary !

New Radiator cost  £ 144.12 from Autodoc and the other .......  labour/gearbox oil/ new radiator coolant and then new Battery costs of  .... £340  .......  Total £480 

Not too bad to save the gearbox whatever .  and she runs as before, as smooth as silk  ...  but no comparison to the Ls400s eh !  👍

Malc

Lesson  ......  Varta are rubbish

Unlike the probable very last X reg year 2000  Ls400 finding a buyer on here from forum member borderslad …….. my 2006 Honda Legend might possibly be one of the very first of the KB Mk1V Legends sold here in the UK 

Malc 🤔

You have to post up some pics of your Legend! LOVE these so much! I'm currently in an Accord MK8 touring but keep on being tempted with the Legend but so many haven't been taken care of 😞

15 minutes ago, Normski said:

You have to post up some pics of your Legend! LOVE these so much! I'm currently in an Accord MK8 touring but keep on being tempted with the Legend but so many haven't been taken care of 😞

your Honda Accord Mk8 Touring sounds interesting ……. rare I’m thinking too ! 

The Legend ……. They only sold some 285 in the UK between 2006/12 and possibly the best car Honda made but could never sell here …… they are quite inexpensive now by comparison to other 3.5ltr “ limos”  and Autotrader often have stellar mileage ones at modest prices say £2/3k but low mileage cars at “ collectors “ silly prices 

These engines will do huge miles ….. mines now done just about 150k with only normal servicing + an alternator, brakes, tyres, batteries whatever ….. great cars but suffer from the plasticised silver chrome peeling and of course now dings and dents and wheels needing refurbishing …… and at the car’s value I’m not sure I’ll be treating her except for continuing proper annual servicing and maintenance …… looking pristine doesn’t hack it for me with the Honda Legend

My bro-in-law spent lots £££££ at the Main Dealer before I bought it from him 8 years back ……. he then got a Lexus as his Director’s company car 👍

I should have realised the gearbox oil cooler / radiator issue at approaching 150k was “ preventative maintenance “ territory just like the later Ls430s 

My two Ls400s are the right cars for me but ‘er indoors ‘ just much prefers  her Honda Legend …… as I pay the bills of course 🤩

I’ll see what piccys I can achieve ……. soon 😅

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links